Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Birthday. And after.

It has been a rather nasty week. Especially nasty because the weekend was rather fun. Stitch came to town for the weekend. I got drunk on Friday with him and other friends. Saturday brought along more drinks, more friends and a birthday cake. Yes, I wore my new corset and yes it is fab. I opened some of the South African wines and they were lovely. Wish I had gotten some more. After drinking at home, the party shifted to Clarke Quay. It also marked the inauguration of my sexy black halter dress, which I bought a good 2 months back! Yes, I was bringing sexy back… teehee, except that the dress is sort of backless. Okay, enough of the bad puns. Sunday was lovely. Jupiter, Jack, Stitch and I went to Sentosa and beach-whaled at KM8. The bikini was out, the sun wasn’t, and the lychee margarita was swell. I think KM8 is a lovely Sunday afternoon hangout. The jacuzzi isn’t quite warm, but the beachbeds are aplenty and the music is hot. And the margaritas are swell. No I am not an alcoholic. *hic*

Monday was crappy. I know I should have seen it coming. But I woke up at 5 in the morning because Stitch was off to the airport, and the day didn’t end till after midnight. The only solace was that Facebook was working in office and I could entertain myself. I had lunch with a colleague who had nice things to say to me. Inshallah, if she is right, I should be a happy puppy in August. Dinner was at my desk. Dinner at the desk always sucks. Conference calls with US suck even more. Groan. This is going to be a long week.

Tuesday was terribly painful. In more ways than one. To say that I was feeling low, would be the understatement of the year. I was feeling down in the dumps. Even lower. Sympathy darlings, please? I had dinner with a friend who I hadn’t met since I left for Jo’burg, and there were lots of stories to exchange. But I hogged most of the conversation, so I don’t really know his stories yet. Well well… I did have a LOT of stories. And somehow that made me worse… there are only stories now. The holiday is over, the birthday is over, the visitors are gone. There is NOTHING to look forward to. NOTHING. Groan again. And again. Why is life being a bitch? Life and everybody else. Yes, it was a black Tuesday.

Wednesday was no better, but it started looking up before it ended. I had no time for breakfast, or lunch. I had the most boring 3 hour training in the afternoon – like hullo, who arranges a training in the graveyard shift? The trainer went on and on and on and on and…. Yes I actually dozed off once. I have NEVER done that. When I get back from the 3 hour nightmare, the boss is on my case. Did you do this? Did you call him up? Did you send this out? Duh, I was in a training session, and I don’t have an alter-ego (Well, these days I claim I don’t even have an ego, but we will leave that discussion for another day). So in a pissed-off frenzy, I completed a hell lot of work from 4 to 7. Then I thought to myself – this doesn’t look so bad. I should be able to wrap up and leave in 15 minutes or so. 7:05pm – we likey! Just then, the boss comes up to me and says – Shall we go see -big swinging ****- for 5 minutes? It isn’t a question. So I go along, notebook in hand. I manage to come back to my desk at 9pm!!!! Two freakin hours? What were you thinking?? I was hungry and tired and pissed off and upset and hungry and tired and very tired and… I broke down in the cab home. It was just too much to handle. Sigh. *breathes* A few phonecalls, a glass of wine and a dinner later – I was feeling much better. Also, half the week is done. Atleast that’s a consolation. And so it comes to pass, that Casa shall survive Thursday somehow, because she knows the boss will be on leave for the next 3 days. Yay, joy to the world.

Now, the confession. I have been a bit of a bad daughter. Oh god, the guilt. The mom wanted to visit me for 2 weeks, and I cut it short to 1 week. But hey, I have my reasons. Firstly, work is an unpredictable, menopausal bitch these days. I cant commit to any plans whatsoever on weekdays. The pressure of taking mom out is gonna kill me. Secondly, she might just start the whole marriage conversation. Mind you, she doesn’t have any prospective grooms lined up. She just wants me to find some one to marry, and find him quickly. Mommy, they don’t grow on trees. So yeah, it is a bit of a downer to have her visit me right now. She arrives in 2 weeks time. I am NOT a mean person!

*starts throwing things*

*fade out*

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do u do that u have such long work hours! hope they're at leats compensating u well in kind! n belated happy bday!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

Belated happy birthday.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Utopia said...

awwwwwwwww! u had a sad week after a lovely weekend.

yeah all mums have this annoying tendency to bring up the marriage topic every now and then. sigh! think they won't rest until we are tied down in holy matrimony heeheh!

1:41 PM  
Blogger shub said...

Belated birthday wishes from a fellow cancerian and a de-lurker. Tis lovely reading your writing, especially your travelogues :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Viewer said...

we are sailing on similar boats hence i can relate to ur mum's expectation frm u and ur plight...:) Sometime its a relife to realise that your mum is going ot be cool with whomeever u choose but sometimes its feels as though mom is being unreasonable, cause as u said good guys dont just grow on trees :)

1:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I heard the trees in Italy do indeed grow good guys!

1:59 PM  
Blogger aparna said...

waah... template change an all!

yeah the wine was good, so was the corset and the halterneck dress... i want one too!! :)

2:25 PM  
Blogger once again said...

:) there are trees in bbay which grow men, gay men who hang upside down and fall down when lured with ikea lamps :P

2:48 PM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

aaaa... i DO like ure new template. very... clean :)
and no, ure not a bad daughter . *pat pat*
:)

6:02 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Anon,
I am a slave in the banking industry, and NO, they do NOT pay me enough :(

DC,
Thankee :)

Utopia,
Well thankfully mine doesnt bug me too much, but I have a feeling this is on her agenda this time round.

Shub,
Thanks and thanks again :)
Cancerian eh? When is your birthday?

Viewer,
Well, apparently the good ones get taken up very quickly. Le sigh.

Jupiter,
Italy, is my next holiday destination then!

Aparna,
Forever21 rocks... lets go shopping sometime, after you have found your apartment!

Once Again,
Lure me with compliments (aka Bradshaw), and I will lure you with the lamps. It is a win-win situation :D

LH,
Just changed it for change's sake... nothing too fancy, very minimalistic :)

6:42 PM  
Blogger shub said...

birthday fineesh oredi :) we was born on the fourth of july.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've used that tree line on my mum too and it doesn't work. :(

Bad bad week eh? Brings out the meanness I guess. :P

I like the change in template.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Shub,
Oh, then belated birthday wishes to you too. Hope it was just what you wanted it to be!

EU,
The meanness hasnt even started flowing... you know I'm capable of more bitchiness. Hehehehehehe ;)
How are you keeping?

1:53 PM  
Blogger San said...

Wooops .. belated birthday wishes baby!!

*kiss* my excuse was i've not been online much :(

4:15 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

San,
Thankee =)
Better late than never right :)

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home