I hate friday.
The friday was all wrong. Well what else should you expect from Friday the 13th?! I woke up at 6 in the morning to reach office before 7:30. Even the birds outside my window dont wake up at 6. And certainly not on a friday. But I said to myself - its okay, its a friday. The boss walked in at 7:45 and "reminded" me that I have not yet replied to an email which came last evening. That is because I was on a sickie yesterday and unlike you, I dont have a freakin' blackberry. WTF. So horribly unreasonable. But I said to myself - its okay, its a friday. Anyway, I went for the boring 8am meeting, got back at 9, finished replying to my emails, and prepared for my 10:30am meeting. Just as I completed all this in a hurry, I get an email saying that the meeting has been cancelled. WTF? I could have grabbed me some breakfast, or atleast a coffee if I knew that before! Damn it. But I said to myself - its okay, its a friday. I was looking forward to meeting Shortie for lunch later, but my boss very nonchalantly informed me that I need to attend a 12:30pm meeting with him. There goes my lunch plan. No breakfast time, no lunch time. Kill me, kill me now. But I said to myself - its okay, its a friday. I had a breather after that... the boss left early, but I couldnt, because hey, I had another meeting at 5:30 on a friday. Yes, you heard it right. 8am and 5:30pm are the kinds of meeting schedules people keep. WTF. But finally, the work day came to an end, and by 7 I was having free drinks at Penny Black, with my colleagues. It was fun, and though I just had a couple of drinks (remember, I am reducing my drinking?), I was feeling nice and relaxed. After drinking there, we moved scene to Oosh, the beautiful, romantic, alfresco dining place at Dempsey Road. Knowing the owner there always helps in getting a table. Having rich colleagues also helps because they choose the best Black Opal red wines and dont ask you to pay for it. Bottle after fine bottle, conversation after interesting conversation, compliment after genuine compliment. I was beginning to think that the friday was actually beginning to look up. Who knew, it would end in the mess that it did. Freakin' hell, why is it a friday!


3 Comments:
my friday was pretty bad too :( i was such a grump too
Gosh, where are the happy days disappearing?!
I've had a sugar high sunday so woooo hooo happy days are here again :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home