Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Mirror or Mirage?

Someone close to me, has recently gotten out of a relationship. Its sad what love can do to you. It can make you doubt yourself. It can make you doubt your ability to trust people. And worse still, it can make you doubt the idea of love. And still, you know that you are still in love. And you know, that its like a catch22 situation. You are miserable in love. You are more miserable out of love. Does anyone deserve this? I dont think so. Will it get better? I do hope so. Will she love again? I am sure it will be so...

Someone close to me, has recently gotten into a relationship. Its beautiful what love can do to you. It can make you feel good about yourself. It can give strength to your trust in people. And better still, it can make you love the idea of love. And still, you know it is real, this time around. And you know, that you will do everything you can, to make it last. Because it seems so right. So perfect. Do people value this? I think they do. Will it stay this way forever? I do hope so. Will she love again? Sigh. I think she will...

Mohabbat ke hazaar rang
Ek rang to tum chun lo
Kal zindagi sooni ho jaaye
Ye ek pal to tum rang lo

Ki ek pal mein main hoon
Aur ek pal mein tum ho
Do boond samay ke bas ab
Tamaam zindagi bhi kum ho


(Her poetry is beautiful, whether in hindi or english... the Princesse writes them at Mirror or Mirage)

37 Comments:

Blogger A and A said...

"And worse still, it can make you doubt the idea of love. And still, you know that you are still in love."....I'm not saying anything, OK? Pliss to note the restraint. I'm not saying ANYTHING! :D Kehene ke liye kuch raha bhi nahin. Bleady. "Do boond samay ke bas ab
Tamaam zindagi bhi kum ho"...Wah!!! Wah!!! Wah!!

10:04 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

So true!!..I hope she will love again , no matter how impossible it seems right now..I so hope she does.

You yourself write so well in English or Hindi.I am amazed at your command in both the languages.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No way.. you wrote that poem?

That is so beautiful..

Happy Valentine's!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if only people weren't so concerned about loving or hating "the idea of love", loving and living would become much easier.

shiv

11:02 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Wishfulthinker,
And in stating that you wont say 'anything', you have said much :)
Shukr'an.

EU,
Yup, everyone deserves love. And not just once.
Merci much :)

Jupiter,
Happy Valentine's to you babes. And yes, that was written by yours truly :)

Shiv,
Now that's a thought. But then, love or life, were never simple, were they?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Ah ... Love is a bundle of paradoxes!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

How true. Love could be so beautiful one minute and so heartbreaking the next...I am sure she will love again once the pain fades away..

Happy valentine's day :)

Cheers!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

If there's one virtue we all posses its got to be resillience. Little do we realise in what vast quantitites we have it in. Falling and rising in love is what makes the trip a little more interesting. Its just for us to decide which way we;re headed.

But love... its got so much to teach us. SO much to learn from it... I have seen people and personalities built on this foundation. Its truly remarkable.

Happy V day !

1:56 PM  
Blogger the One said...

That poem. Amazing, Casa. Truly amazing.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jay,
Sigh. It so is.

Unveilings,
And that I guess, is the beauty of it. That we forget the pain, and plunge in it, once again.
To you too :)

Saurabh,
Very well said. Our resillience and our persistence never stops surprising us.
Hope you have a great valentine's day too.

The One,
Thanks.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Big Man said...

great post casa!

out of all the pain and misery comes hope:
hope is a wonderful thing... maybe the best of things

and the poem - wow! man you can write!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Prerona said...

nice. i love this song, btw. have a happy valentines day! :)

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think more than 'beautiful' love is 'hurtful'. More than mirror it is mirage. It is an idyllic situation which is never in reality.

I won't wish your that friend to fall in love again but will wish her to get never hurt again.(whatever it takes for that!)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Big Man,
Sometimes I wonder if pain, infact, kills hope...

Prerona,
You too :)

Green,
But they say, its better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"they" would have not lost it, so don't know it.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont know why but this song is in my head since morning (and its evening now:))
jab pyar kia ti darna ka
pyar kia koi chori nahi ki..pyar kia
ghut ghut aahain bharna kia!
*hiccup*
hehehehe!*hiccup*
and on the post...i say thanks great piece of poetry there...very very very well written *hiccup*
PS lagta hay bohot pi li main ne aaj *hiccup* :P

7:52 PM  
Blogger ligne said...

casa: very well written. after a while the mirage fails.. and the truth sinks in !

10:11 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Green,
Now we'll never know, will we :)
PS: Why so negative?

Paheli,
Piyo aur aish karo ;)

Ligne,
But sometimes, the truth changes. Doesnt it?

10:26 PM  
Blogger ligne said...

yep it sure does change. ok this is not really connected to what you wrote...but was reminded of this ghazal/song sung by suresh wadkar

seene mein jalan aankhon mein tufaan saa kyon hain ?
is shahar mein har shaks pareshaan saa kyon hain ?

dil hain to, dhadakane kaa bahaanaa koee dhoondhe
patthar kee tarah beheesa-o-bejaan saa kyon hain ?

tanahaee kee ye kaunasee, manzil hain rafeekon
taa-hadd-ye-najar yek bayaabaan saa kyon hain ?

kyaa koee nayee baat najar aatee hain hum me
aaeenaa humei dekh ke hairaan saa kyon hain ?

11:21 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

hey, nice stuff you got there.. cheers. Mirror or Mirage.. hmm food for thought.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Alapana said...

"Mohabbat ka ek rang,Usko tum chuno,apne aapko aise rang do,Ki duniya ki rangeeniyat bhi dhuljaye,sapno mein aise ddalo apne aapko ki,sapne haqeeqat banjaye"

Love is such a feeling which makes or breaks a person,but end of it all We all move on and maybe one day we might find someone...somewhere:)

1:46 AM  
Blogger totti said...

Well written :). two sides of the coin. and being helpless about it is the ugly innocence of it

1:52 AM  
Blogger Archster said...

I hope things work out for her. I hate the plateau a relatinship hits in 3 months. Bleh! Hopefully she will steer clear of it ;)

3:23 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Ligne,
That is BEAUTIFUL!
is shahar mein har shaks pareshaan saa kyon hain ?
This is so true for our times, isnt it? Sigh.

Me,
Thanks.

Alapana,
Infact I think some are lucky enough to find more than just one 'someone'... just a matter of time :)

Totti,
Yes, I think its our helplessness when it comes to our emotions, that bothers us.

Archster,
Hmmmm, so you dont like the plateau. I thought that was called 'stability' ;)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Princessse said...

Beautiful post, beautiful song, most beautiful poem on a very apt day!!! Kya baat hai yaar.. hum toh dang reh gaye.. kya likhti hain aap...

p.s. thank you for the mention...
i'm pliss-ed to have ur attention..
now must update blog - uff kya tension! :p
But I know that was not ur intention.

p.p.s. I hope this doesn't stand out as a reflection of the type of poetry I write!! hahaha

12:05 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

great writeup...
now you are not just the partner of my disc/pub but i'll make you the Head Editor of the Blogger Magazine !!!

And lovely song !!!

Hail NST !!!

1:50 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

:-) You make me hope again...wonderfully written post Casa!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Princesse,
I'll spare you the animation,
But that really, was my intention.
;)
Wah, atleast something gets you to post... now I know how to arm-twist others into regular blogging :D

Raul,
Now when did this Blogger magazine start??
And this song, isnt new. DONT tell me you've not heard this before :p

Gee,
There always is hope. We just have to look around, and we'll know :)

3:09 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Think ahead girl. Blogger magazine is another entry in my "To Do" list. It'll happen soon after the disc is functional. As they say one "small" step at a time !!!

And yeah i've heard this song before. Just said that it's lovely.

ta ra ra ra ra.....

3:12 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Raul,
Ah, quite a lot of business plans you have! Hope atleast some of the 'steps' will be taken :)
Changed the song now... 'Suraj Hua' was just there for Vday.
Now on to Parineeta. Love the soundtrack.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Casa
I just happened to read your blog by chance and i cant express how amazed am . You write so well ..Brilliant post . What you wrote was very touching ..I completely relate myself to it ...im trying to come out of a relationship ..hopefully i should . You write very well , Awesome , im very inspired .. Cheers :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Anonymous,
Thanks so much for the compliments. I do hope it inspires you to start blogging too. And the heart will heal. Its meant to :)

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im already inspired by you Casa :) n I really wish i could blog ..but then i dont think ill be able to communicate too well also it doesnt seem possible considering my work here..However I will definately visit your blog every day ..thats a promise :)

4:01 PM  
Blogger Shashi Iyer said...

heyy... beautiful poem at the end

5:19 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Anon,
Glad to hear that.

Halo,
Thanks.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

Love is strange!!!...its a mess and it is wonderful...its like that song.."Can't live with or without u";-)

12:25 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

DEG,
So true!

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home