Thursday, February 09, 2006

All that jazz...

Yes, another of those nice mornings, today. Maybe because its thursday. Maybe because I slept very little yesterday. Or... maybe because I will be on leave tomorrow :)

Guys, be warned. Girly content ahead.

So winter does this to you. You avoid leaving your bed until you have no choice but to have a quick shower and get dressed as if it was a rapid-fire dressing competition. Those change of bags. Those change of accessories. Those pretty shoes which look good only with pretty skirts. All of those were kind of forgotten. Until this morning...

Yes I feel strangely summery today.
The sweater has been abandoned for my favourite pink shirt. The one with silver cufflinks.
The trousers have been abandoned for the black skirt. The one which makes you look professional no matter what.
The boots have been abandoned for pink-and-black wedges. The ones that make everyone go "oh how lovely!".
The earrings have been changed to match. The handbag has been color co-ordinated.
And the hair is straight. We likey!

So anyone who says looks dont matter, go fly a kite!
It feels great to be dressed well. And I love them compliments. Tee hee.
*grinning away to glory*


PS: You were warned of girly content. Oops, did I forget to warn you about NO content at all? Happens, happens ;)
PPS: Karuna's life is very interestingly documented at All that jazz... one of my many hangouts :D

23 Comments:

Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

sigh...it felt gr8 to read this post...feel like dressing up...it really does cheer me up!!!...and the way u've described ur getup,it sounds lovely!!!...great goin gal!!!

4:50 PM  
Blogger KM said...

lol...thats the way it should be.
no matter how shitty i ever feel, i never let my appearanec suffer.
always dress up likeim feeling great!
it makes have the shit better just by looking good.
;P

5:11 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

haha it has to be the "leave"!!! It neva fail to me make more happier than to know that I dun need to come back to work the next morning haha.Sleeping in, is hard to come by this days for me. And dressing up!!GOSH! What could be more betta than that..My motivation to actually get up, shower and get out of the door and on my way to work with matching earrings, clothes etc.I dun know what is it? but dressing up for work sure spice up my mornings! Its like the life saver when it comes to puntuality and attendance for me:) It makes a difference even to the emotions i feel. Lovely post! *beams* enjoyed reading it. :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Big Man said...

the warning should have been 'extreme cheerfulness ahead' :)

6:04 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

DEG,
Then what are you waiting for? Dress up and paint the town red! :D

Khizzy,
I cant say I always dress up well, but at most times I do. And I think its worth the effort :)

Unveilings,
Tell me about it! Leave days are so much worth looking forward to!
And yes, dressing well = feeling good. Then why not spend on shopping. Hehehehe :D

Big Man,
Ooooo, how sweet of you!
*brownie points*

6:08 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

Even girly content from you is always an entertaining read. Pliss to be noting that it is major, major compliment. :D

6:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Im stuck in a dressing rut..hence laundry day.

;-)

6:34 PM  
Blogger burf said...

girls = affectations = girly girls :p

:D

6:40 PM  
Blogger burf said...

purani jeans rocks

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha, this girly content was so interesting...
my compliments !

:)

7:32 PM  
Blogger Archster said...

I can so relate to that. My bro's wifey has a motto which goes, "Ded sexy 24/7" and she always looks fab. It so totally helps to be well turned out and feel good everytime you pass the mirror. Or yeah, everytime you got those generous compliments ;)

But i do occassionally let myself go, when im at home. Feels wonderful when i come right back.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Wishfulthinker,
*blush*
*grin*
Pliss to be noting that is a major, major grin ;)

Jupiter,
Your laundry day was poetic dear! Too good!

Burf,
What's artificial about this? :p

Green,
Wow, I thought most guys would find it boring.
Thank you for the compliments. Tee hee :D

Archster,
Yes I let myself go very often... but I like being well dressed at work. Makes me more confident if you ask me.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

No comments! :-))

11:28 PM  
Blogger alice said...

evn i love to dress up...every day actually... :D
i dont spend hours in front of cupboard to decide what to wear but i still make sure before i step outta the house that i m looking good...esp when i m going to work...givesme this fake feeling of power and professionalism...

12:25 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

I gave the details for opening an account with artistserver. I gave my Yahoo ID for the password to be sent to. And there's been a denial of service attack on my mail box ever since. Unable to access my Yahoo mailbox since yesterday. Let others be warned.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

Nice clothes put a vounce in your step and a glow in your eyes. Definitely something to whisk the blues away.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Brown Magic said...

Ahh yes, feeling good about how you look does make everything else better. I would dress up for every exam during college - made me feel more prepared.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Big Man said...

and how do I redeem these points? :)

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a habit of coming to your page and not commenting (have to blame the songs for that)

Have fun!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks do matter..
I know.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my god
how many blogs do u read?

but on the topic
i just cant dress up well EVERY DAY
it aint me
when i am happy...i just look good no matter what i wear
and even i am feeling shitty...cant help looking aweful even wearing the coolest of dresses

3:41 PM  
Blogger babelfish said...

We likey! Very much, most cheeringly beautiful post this was :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jingu,
You just did make a comment :p

Alice,
power and professionalism
Yup, yup, yup! Totally!

Jingu,
Oops, not due to Artistserver I hope. I opened my account quite some time back and thankfully, nothing happened.

DC,
Yes, and sometimes a glow in your eyes is more important than anything else.

Brown Magic,
Exams too?? Wow!

Big Man,
Patience... patience my friend :D

Sanity Starved,
Oh the latest song 'Punjab' is awesome, me thinks!

Captain,
I know, that you know ;)

Paheli,
Hmmmmm... you'll soon find out that I read a LOT of blogs. Titles wont run out for quite some time right now ;)

Babelfish,
Merci, merci.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home