Tuesday, February 07, 2006

One in a Billion

In a most unusual turn of events, I happen to be in an unusually good mood today. Yes, such things do happen. Wonder of wonders. I have a sneaky suspicion that this can be blamed on starting the day with a green apple instead of the usual latte. So maybe what they say about healthy food is actually true!
*opens mouth in astonishment, like a beauty pageant contestant*
*suitably covers mouth with well-manicured hands*


So yesterday wasnt a very good day. Unannounced pains took over my tummy most suddenly. And most irritatingly. Situation was aggravated by continuing to work in office during said discomfort. Situation was uber-aggravated by having a cup of coffee before leaving work. Why am I telling you all this?
For sympathy of course! Duh!
Also for attention, love, hugs and money. All cheques should be drawn out to 'Save the Casablanca Foundation'. Sorry, our credit card system is temporarily out of order. We apologise for any (in)convenience caused.

Thanks for asking. All pains are gone, and the drama queen is back in office today. And... hold your breath... she was in office at 830 this morning!
*trumpets and hypothetical band plays the victory tune*
Yes reaching office at 9 itself is a struggle, so 830 is worth the band, however noisy it sounds. I will be able to afford a better band next time around, if you would just drop in donations to the abovementioned-most-serious-and-professional charitable foundation. *wink wink*

Yesterday was a most unusual night. Casa felt the need to abandon her virtual abode and say goodbye to all online contacts and hit the sack at 1030pm. Mighty early. She was so proud of herself! Peaceful, dreamy sleep was then interrupted by a phonecall from a friend who wanted to know what happened to the India-Pak match. Said 'friend' was showered with choicest words for disturbing Casa on trivial matters.
#$%!$^&@~#*
*peaceful, dreamy sleep resumed*

However, Casa found herself awake at midnight, after a particularly interesting dream, and proceeded to call up A and bore him with mundane details of said dream. A seemed suitably unperturbed with this behaviour. High time he got used to it, Casa thinks! That conversation was followed with an hour of insomnia and curiousity finally got the better of her. She wanted to know now know what had happened to the India-Pak match! Casa's mom says the girl has very little respect for money these days. Casa thinks Moms are always right. So instead of walking 4 steps to the laptop to check the score online, she proceeded to make an international call to find out the fate of the Indian 'boys'. Alas, bad news it was.
*tears are shed for such a show under the able leadership of cutie-pie Dravid*

They say happiness should be shared. I say sorrow should be shared too! The goodness that is moi, then called earlier curious friend to inform him of match result. An inconsequential detail, dear reader, which you neednt be aware of, is that it was now close to 1am. Said 'friend' was asleep. Said 'friend' showered me with choicest words for disturbing him on trivial matters.

Sigh.
Life does come a full circle.

*shrugs*
No wonder I never liked geometry.


PS: One is a Billion is one of my latest discoveries. The One (and Only) will always have something hilarious to say. We likey!

33 Comments:

Blogger Dipanjan Das said...

major use of the strikethrough feature of html :D.

take care!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one one in a billion posts. tsk tsk.. Insomnia can be good at times.

Are outstation cheques honored by the foundation.

Sincerely waiting for the TAG :-D

1:01 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

you sound so so much like me in this post...
*calling up someone in the middle of the night when you get up suddenly*

Its so so much fun especially when you know the other person would be asleep and he/she will anyway pick the call...

NST: Can I give you an overseas hug? *the pup wants to*

I was looking for this song since so so long. The problem is that I don't know the name. Just heard in F-bar in Bangalore. Tell me tell me. Jaldi se....

1:03 PM  
Blogger Big Man said...

the cheque's in the mail...

definitely agree that sorrow should be shared:
sorrow+ friends +couple of drinks= hapiness (and temporary memory loss)

P.S. if u had called me the obsceneties would have definitely lasted longer than a minute :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

DD,
Oh, but it is *so* much fun! One is clearly unable to resist the temptation of del :D

Anthony,
ALL cheques are honoured, no worries :D
Yes yes, will do the tag this weekend, okay?

Raul,
I sound like you?? No no, I sound much better than you!
Muahahahahahaha :D
The song's identity will be revealed when suitable remuneration has been received ;)

Big Man,
Sorrow over a cricket match didnt deserve a couple of drinks. Now if only I had bet on this match, much happiness would have been derived. Sigh.

2:21 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Arre NST not fair at all. Ek to I sincerely praise every song here and you are not telling me the name/singer.
Not fair at all :((
*the pup has turned its cute face away*

2:29 PM  
Blogger Anshul said...

Friends asleep at 1 am? What kind of company do you keep? Tut, tut.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Raul,
Hahahaha... they say there's no such thing as a free lunch ;)
Chal, tu bhi kya yaad karega...
Song is 'Punjab' from the album Nirvana Lounge by Claude Challe. Awesome fusion music!

Anshul,
The very boring kind, dahling, very boring :(
Tut tut.

2:39 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

Ah! I knew the sad will go away!! Sad always goes. Away. Nice to be reading post like this. Yes, happiness and sorrow should both be shared. One becomes more because it is shared and the other becomes less! :D

3:01 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:22 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

the pup says Muaaahhhhhhh....
is the entire album good ?
If so, then i might get it today !!!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Wishfulthinker,
Sad has gone away. Atleast for now. Yay, I say :D

Raul,
Album is good, but not worth the money I thought. So, I, er, got them from "other" means ;)

4:24 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

I know. I just called up planet-M folks and they told that the CD is worth 2600 bucks :(
I hate them !!! sach main...

So please please pass on the rest of the songs.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

hmmm...Green apple before starting the day. I tried bananas before and it kinda worked. I feel that fruits or healthy food sometimes perks the day cause its light. but i am not sure about long term though. :D

And I totally agree with ya sorrows needs to be shared too.I think sometimes people run away from sharing sorrows fearing that the person might put a load on them. Great post!:)

5:03 PM  
Blogger KM said...

lol...drama queen!
fellow sister!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

so u remembered the strikethru effect agen huh?;-)...really interesting post...luv the way u say it...yeah India lost...inspite of the big score

6:20 PM  
Blogger Archster said...

u actually wanted the virtual hugs this time eh? lol... since i dont have any cheques to send out...ill shower away them hugs then.

:D

great that the tummy ache has been taken care off.

7:10 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Ok first things first:
India Pakistan match is no trivial matter,pliis to be noting that..wishful thinker style!!Hmm, well may be it is for you.Hmm, I can live with that.And and and ..so nice to see a post like that from you.I have to say you do all flavours of life so well.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Raul,
Yup yup... bheri bheri expensive :(

Unveilings,
Yup, healthy living it shall be, atleast for a few days now :D
Thanks to generous colleagues giving me free fruits ;)

Khizzy,
You got it right, sistah!

DEG,
I love the strikethrough effect! My new toy! Dont talk about the score... depressing :(

Archster,
Please to note virtual hugs are now totally acceptable and fully appreciable ;)

EU,
But but but... once the match is over, then it is no? Yes? No?
Oops... okay okay, pliss to note, me shall follow other matches more religiously now ;)
PS: Its life that does all flavours so well. We just document it, isnt it? :)

8:51 PM  
Blogger the One said...

Well. Thanks ever so much for the plug, and one is awfully glad to see you all happy-wappy. Green apples rule!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Lancelot said...

hey, just wanted to thank you for dropping by my blog in spite of the infrequencies. I am a little stuck with a 100 useless things so i cant read or post as frequently as i used to. Promise will read up and catch up once i am done. read this one though... funny and really well written-was sad abt the result myself too :(

12:02 AM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

super post. really. for that alone, cheque in the mail. awaiting the bounce back, so that i can blame it on you and go shop. can i also have A's number? BGFS hs no friends awake anymore. She is desperate enuff to make international calls. boohoo.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Green apple has caffeine too. So no big difference.

And does the Casablanca foundation sell coloured bands?

2:52 AM  
Blogger Kaunquest said...

brilliant track this one. Who is the artist? nice post too..read a few bits of it. My attention span is a problem, cant read long posts in full though :)

3:23 AM  
Blogger ligne said...

love the style of writing..:) Casa can write good :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

The One,
Now you *will* pay me for the publicity, wont you?
"Happy wappy"... hehehehehehe :D

Aristera,
Thank you thank you ;)

Lancelot,
Not to be worried by the 100 things. Thou shalt continue to blog :)

Bgfs,
Shop! What a noble cause! The Foundation herein returns your donation so it can be used for better purposes :)
Permission shall be sought from A for turning his phone no. into an internationl Phone-a-Friend line ;)

Jingu,
Caffeine??? In apples??? Damn, what is 'healthy' food then?
And no, we dont do those attention grabbing bands. So loud. Sheesh, we are a sophisticated foundation you see ;)

Kaunquest,
Track is 'Punjab' from 'Nirvana Lounge'.

Ligne,
*blushing*
Merci :)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you research blogs with a passion woman!

2:13 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Hey first time on your blog...nice song...who is the artist ?
And you write good !!!
:d :d :d

2:36 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jupiter,
*blush*
Now, what do I say?

Raul,
Hey first time on your blog...
Are you drunk on a wednesday morning???

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started in disagreement, ended in one.

Apple instead of coffee!! Sacrilegious!

Also, sorry. Piggy bank only has pennies and does not draw checks.

And, of course, I like geometry.

4:20 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Na...just too much work has taken my senses away :(

4:32 PM  
Blogger the One said...

Pay you? Well .. will treat you to a Caramel Macchiato, if that's okay ;)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Sanity Starved,
Oh well, I'm back to coffee today. There's only this long one can resist it, isnt it :)
Pennies will also do! All generosity is respected!

Raul,
When losing sense due to work, make sure you drive your colleagues crazy instead :D

The One,
Macchiatos are a very acceptable form of payment. One also receives brownie points for remembering my favourite. Brownies and coffee, surely a good combo :D

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home