Monday, February 06, 2006

Random Thoughts

And I want my sunday back. And I want to sit again, by my window, where the warmth and the light of the sunny day outside, actually steps into my house. Where I sit with my chin, on my knees, and warm my little toes. My cold little toes. And I want to look out, and see the people, I know nothing about, go on with their lives. Lives that sometimes seem like clockwork. Lives that sometimes seem stuck, in a cycle. Lives that sometimes, make my life, look pale in comparison. And I want to again, pull my jacket around me, not because of the chill wind, but because of the cold thoughts in my head. The ones that freeze your brain. The ones that freeze, worse still, your heart. And I want to lay my soul bare, hoping that it will thaw, in this sunshine. Hoping that it will talk, in this spring. Because winter has to give way...


Random thoughts is M's blog... the one who asks you to tread softly upon...

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could not possibly say this in a nicer way .. so random, yet so real.. lovely piece of writing!

3:10 PM  
Blogger M said...

Loved your last post! :)

Gonna be back to blogging soon. Somehow, i lost the urge to blog....hmmm...(a random thought ;))

3:11 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Anonymous,
Thanks, very generous of you :)

Medha,
Where have you been my dear? I thought you were already off to Perth! Get back to blogging, pronto.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like somebody had a cool relaxing smooth Sunday...

4:00 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Ummmm....

P.S In response to your post titled Juice - god forbid blogger's block hit you my dear! And pray share how to use strike-through in HTML?

4:52 PM  
Blogger karuna said...

Kinda sad. Touching and Beautiful all at once.
Winter will give way.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Paheli,
Cool - ummm, somewhat
Relaxing - yes, quite
Smooth - not quite

Gee,
Hehe... doesnt seem to be anywhere close to me, the block :D
And yes 'del' and '/del' tags for strikethrough.

Karuna,
:) I hope it will.

5:11 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

Winter always does give way...but in the meantime, if you're feeling all wintry, just to be warming up with some hot chocolate I is saying to you..Nice this post is being. Sad also it is being. But that is ok. Sad will go away. Nice will always be here. OKbye.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Nice expression and something always desired by many individual when it comes to certain seasons.

5:38 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

AWESOME
girl pls pls leave everything you are doing and join some paper/magazine...
i've read it thrice already !!!

and yeah i guess everyone wants their sunday back...

For NST -> one of those few songs I can play on my guitar...
F E D E F E D E .....

6:00 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Wishfulthinker,
Its isnt time for hot chocolate yet, but I guess I can go downstairs and get a Caramel Macchiato atleast :)
PS: Pray that the sad goes away...

Unveilings,
Pretty profile pic there. Wish seasons would change with moods. Sigh.

Raul,
You really liked it that much?
*takes a bow*
Oh, you can play this? Then I should change it to a more difficult one ;)

6:11 PM  
Blogger Archster said...

Cudnt have said it better! :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger once again said...

ooooh. u have background music even :)
yeah well, i just got myself new speakers @ work ... so suddenly like blogs have music and all ! tres cool ! Man, I need to learn html. * feels all obsolete *

A very nice blog u have there. Loved, the whats brewing post :)

cheers

me !

6:33 PM  
Blogger Big Man said...

what can i say... brilliant

but not everyone (read me) wants winter to go away, kinda like the cold and how everyone seems to act around it ;)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Archster,
:)

Once Again,
Haha... no need to feel obsolete. You can come here for some fresh songs anytime :)
Thanks.

Big Man,
No I dont want the winter to go. I just want the coldness to disappear... if you know what I mean.

9:24 PM  
Blogger the One said...

Beautifully expressed, Casa.

9:42 PM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

winter's not so bad... you sound depressed there babe. writing does that to you. ;)

oh, and thanks for reading the other one.

12:19 AM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

winter's not so bad... you sound depressed there babe. writing does that to you. ;)

oh, and thanks for reading the other one.

12:19 AM  
Blogger totti said...

Nice one. the song provides a sound backdrop too!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Who doesn't want their Sunday back?
:-)

1:19 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

So beautifully expressed.
Nothing lasts for ever Casa..Hang in there..
No winter lasts for ever.
No spring misses it turn.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Big Man said...

I do get what you mean

i was just being cheeky ;)

1:44 AM  
Blogger quills said...

You write so beautifully that I could actually picture it in my mind.

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warming up toes in the sun!

Uff! Haven't done that in ages! Neat!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

The One, Vikram,
Thanks.

Bgfs,
No it wasnt a bad winter at all. It was just a blue morning, perhaps? Meloncholy is sometimes my second name ;)

Totti,
The song is my latest addiction. 'Punjab' from 'Nirvana Lounge'.

Jingu,
True that :)

EU,
Yup. Today seems better already! Winters and springs are more in my moods, than in the weather ;)

Big Man,
And you did a damn good job of it ;)

Aristera,
*blushes*
Merci :D

Quills,
Glad you could see the picture I was trying to draw.

Sanity Starved,
Do it! Feels great. Feels like home :)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

I wanna do it tooo!!!(boohoo)...lovely post!!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Shashi Iyer said...

call it an prosaic ode to the east wing? :)... beautiful

7:25 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

DEG,
Really? It can get quite 'cold' sometimes ;)

Halo,
Thanks :)

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no sun here... yet :D

4:21 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Uff, all you snowy americans :p

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home