Sunday, September 04, 2005

Take Off!

As the flight took from Changi Airport this morning, the 3 golf courses of Tanah Merah looked breaktakingly beautiful. Matchbox style public housing started looking classy. And the ferries and yachts on the seafront reminded me of the 1000 ships that sailed to Troy. Wait a second, is this Singapore I was looking at?
Yes it was. And it never looked so good before. I never felt such a belonging to this place before. And then I realised.. the thought that I would be in a new place for the next few months did make me nervous. Scared. I will miss Singapore.
Anyways.. the flight. SIA served the worst airline meal I've experienced till now. However, this did not stop my neighbour from finishing his plate and belching and burping like it was the best food he had ever tasted. This also did not stop the lady with 12 hairclips on her head (yes I counted), sitting infront of me from asking for another plate because her super-noisy kid dropped half the food. Of course, noisy kid and burpy uncle ensured that I dont get any sleep whatsoever. So I decided to concentrate on in-flight entertainment. However, the pilot had other ideas. He seemed to be in an unusually chatty mood today, and decided to interupt my movie every now and then with totally arbit announcements about the weather, the time, the clouds, the airhostesses, the food, his relatives, my relatives.. you get the picture! Also, the fact that the flight was to Hong Kong did not help, because every irritatingly long announcement was then repeated in chinese. I gave up on the movie.
As the 777-300 landed in Hong Kong, I experienced my smoothest landing ever. I will have to give that to the pilot. The rain outside, and the confusions inside me, gave the view from my window a misty and mysterious look. Beautiful. Mountains, clouds, rain. Then was the real treat. My first time in an actual limo. Racing on the expressway at 130kmph while absorbing the sights and scenes of a new place gives a great high. However, when the limo drops you and your precious 4 pieces of luggage 2 buildings away from your destination while its drizzling, makes you feel like you've woken up with the worst hangover ever!

Well.. anyways, as I was saying... happening day it has been.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hola! As I say, airline food is ALWAYS bad. No two ways about it.
And yes, there is always some fat fuck sitting next to you. You're lucky he wasn't farting. (I wasn't)

A LIMO!!! Fine-Let me get back to sad impoverished life now.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home