Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Friend Speak

Over the last few days, I've got some interesting comments from some interesting friends.

One told me, that I was so full of, and brimming with my own ideas and perceptions, that there was no place for anything new. Another one commented, that my superiority complex was very evident. While I didnt see the need to justify my behaviour infront of them, I do feel the urge to pen it down.. of course, the fact that I'm totally bored at office does contribute.

I guess my inherent nature is the right place to start the explanation. I have always, or atleast for a long time, been a confident and stubborn person. Infact an outspoken tomboy, till feminity caught up with me a few years back. Maybe what I define as 'confidence' might be arrogance in other people's dictionary, or maybe I tread the thin line between pride and superiority complex, but what I know about myself is that I have always been able to let go of past glories and move on. It could be that I move on in search of something more challenging, and hence more glorifying. But the need to prove my ability and my mettle is so strong in me, that its frustrating when I'm passive. I would be lying if I said I dont have my share of unsure, nervous moments. Infact those close to me have seen me at my worst... but again, my defence mechanism kicks in at most times and I usually dont show my vulnerable side to most people.

So this post is my dedication to people who might get criticized for being bold and sure.. hold on to your confidence. After all if someone's trying to pull you down, you need something to hold on to!

Also, dont start worrying about the type of friends I have... coz one of them also commented that I can be quite a charming person :) ... and I'll take that as a compliment :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home