To Merlin.
It was Merlin's birthday yesterday, and I wish I could have been in Bangalore to celebrate it with him. But well, the world isnt as small as I'd like it to be, and flights are not as cheap as he would want them to be. Le sigh. It has been a year since I saw him, and he sounds so much more serious and grown-up on the phone these days. Why does everyone around me sound so grown-up these days?? Bah. Anyways, since I have been a bad friend and not sent him a birthday gift yet, I'll atleast do a post for him. Even if he doesnt read it.
Of all the friends I could have missed out on,
you, would have been the greatest loss.
Having wished you on your last ten birthdays
(just a week after mine, every year),
I have always thought, gosh,
how different we are, like chalk and cheese.
You are sensitive, and you have your moods,
and you love so much, foolishly infact,
oh, and you overanalyse, for no reason at all.
Oh wait, that is me. We are so alike.
Like chalk and cheese.
You are someone, I can be corny to,
without having alcohol as a reason.
You are someone, who has the answers,
even before I ask the question.
You read me like a book, and I,
for once, dont mind being read.
You have known me, more than I know me.
Happy birthday sweetheart! It was a bit painful to know you might be going away even further from me. As if visiting you in Bangalore wasnt difficult enough, you will now be moving to Sweden? Why cant I have more of my dearest people in the same city, same country, same time zone? I will miss you. Very very much. But if you do move, I will see you in January in Stockholm. You and the Aurora Borealis. But you, mostly :)
You have helped me make the right decisions, so many times. My voice of reason, my pillar of support. Merlin, should I move to -xyz- city, when everyone else says 'no'? Yes you should. Merlin, I think I am in love. Yes, I know, with -xyz- person. And more often than not, you've been right. You read me like a book, and I, for once, dont mind being read.
You have known me, more than I know me. Muax!


5 Comments:
Friends like these make my Mondays a better day.:))
Why just monday... they make everyday better dont they :)
I read it on a Monday, and I knew I was going to have a good day.:d
I agree the joy is spilling over. :)
Happy Birthday Merlin, you lucky bum! ;)
EU,
I know what you mean :)
Jupiter,
I know! Someone ought to tell HIM that :p
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home