Make it count
The one scene I really liked in 'Bluffmaster' was at the Gateway, when the doctor asked Roy:
Tumhare zindagi mein aise kitne din hain jo tumhe yaad hain? Dus? Bees? Tees? Tees saal ki zindagi mein bas tees din?
It really touched me. It told me, that I ought to make each day count. That I ought to make every day worth remembering.
Sounds preachy, doesnt it? Very unlike me, isnt it?
No I dont claim that I was a changed person after hearing that. I wont even say I'll follow my own advice. But at times, I write things like this, not so much to convince you, but to convince myself. When negativity is so near you, you have to make that extra effort to stretch out and get hold of positivity.
This blog is my teacher at times. I sometimes read it repeatedly, to digest my own preaching. To teach myself the art of happiness.
This blog is my cleanser at times. I might sound bitter. I might sound negative. But I only hope sometimes, that if I were able to get it all out here, it might not affect other parts of my life as much.
This blog is my punching bag at times. And all I can say to you is...
Thank you for taking the hit sometimes.


31 Comments:
I really liked that scene as well, makes you think for sure. Live it up :)
contemplating if you shld be pardoned of ur sin after this somehow honest sounding confession and acknowledgement :p
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ae what ra you are sounding like this all of a suddenly?? :) Pacchees saal ki zindagi mein, I hope there are more that pacchees din that I can remember! And I so get what you're saying about your blog! I feel the same way! My blog is like a transparent sheet of glass. I look at the world through it and and the same time I can see a refelection of me in it.
Hail blogger! *lift hands in air and bow*
well, it also serves as a punching bag for us too.you see we can comment! so when you lash out, we dodge and try comment.Yeah!! :)
nice post!
to make each day count or have memories of each, blog everyday. read your archives. that'll do the job i guess.
Ad,
Yup, one of the better things in the movie :)
Burf,
And pray, what 'sin' are we talking about here?
Wishfulthinker,
Good that you have more than 25 days worth remembering. I havent counted as yet ;)
And how come you know hindi so well?
Gee,
Hehehe... I like that ;)
Totti,
But I can always delete if I dont like your comment :p
DD,
Thanks. Yup, I do read them from time to time :)
Q : What would happen if Abhishek Bacchan was supposed to be the son of the CEO of a news channel NDTV 24/7?
A : His name would be Roy Roy!
Aristera,
Yippee!
And the movie is quite okay. Not a 'must watch', but a 'can watch'.
Zii,
PJ King. The crown is all yours :p
I know you live by Carpe Diem..so I must ask.. have you seen Dead Poets' Society?
as if u dont know :p
:D
Burf- No I dont! :P meanie.
:)
have nothing intelligent to say.
lol...its eid!:D
Jupiter,
No I havent.
Burf,
Nope. I dont.
Jupiter,
I guess his comment was meant for me. But I'd still call him a meanie ;)
Khizzy,
Eid mubarak my dear :)
I haven't counted either but I'm guessing (read hoping!) that there are more than pacchees moments. But then again, it ain't the quantity but the quality that counts right!!!? aur humne dus saal ke liye school mein hindi pada aur phir ahmedabad gaya saat saal ke liye. Ergo all the hindi. Funny that ten years of hindi in school never taught me much but the minute I landed in Ahmedabad, I just had to learm Hindi to make my life easier. No two ways about it. ane mane gujarati pan aavde chhe. LOL! :)
I use my blog thatw ays too penning down small lil things that I feel abt at that instant of time in case they get washed away by time.
sin of hitting sometimes :p
:))
drops of jups - then find out :p
:D:D:D
very nicely said casa. A lot of us do exactly that...use the blog as some kind of release. Because almost always it is a clear reflection of self.
don't i always say that... that being happy is a very conscious choice and that we can choose to be happy all the time..
Didn't i write this one post where you ranted about some people saying sab tink ho jayeg and stuff. :-)
And shit.... I am already tired of smiling all day lol... one advantage of smiling all day is that people smile back :-))
What thanks phanks?I think the journey has just begun...And who ever said it was going to be a smooth ride..
It told me, that I ought to make each day count.
Yup...thts wht I wanna do too...
Thank you for taking the hit sometimes.
Not a prob Casa...Im always ready to take as many hits as possible...
Heheh...
Good to know that you watch movies seriously....
Wishfulthinker,
True that. I would also expect to have more memorable days if I sat down to count, but I still liked the note struck in the movie.
And wow, I am impressed with your hindi. And gujrati too :D
Rohan,
Yes, after all it is our journal, isnt it :)
Burf,
Aarrgghhh! Now I do feel like hitting you, literally :p
M,
Yes, and I love to have this outlet for my emotional turmoil at times :)
Anthony,
Your smiles are infectious I'd say
:) :)
EducatedUnemployed,
Awww... so sweet of you!
Arz000n,
Yes, I do watch movies seriously. Maybe too seriously at times ;)
lol
lol
creative
everyone on the east part of planet earth seems to have become pensive all of a sudden? its like the "profound thought flu"
its a good post but im startin to see a pattern here..
Burf,
:p
Anonymous,
Really?
Clint,
Yes, and its soon becoming a pandemic. That's how the east works, you see :(
As for the pattern... ah well, I never promised uniqueness, did I :)
hey ..even i liked the dialogue ..it did make me think ..and some time back i read somewhere that steve jobs said that he did things like it was his last day of his life ..meaning if u want to do it just do it without giving anything else a thought...and as u said ..i try telling these things to myself , but i dont kno how much i end up doing wht i think :) .
Jagan,
Yes I am also not sure how much of my own advice I'll follow, but atleast its worth a try :)
And yes I've read that speech by Steve Jobs, and its reallllly inspiring!
It touched me that time I remember. I didn't want to admit. Thanks for pointin' it out.
Hugzzz
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home