Sunday, January 08, 2006

Arbit... and more arbit

For those of you who dont understand the title, catch hold of someone from a B-school in India and have him or her explain the concept of 'arbit' to you. While you are at it, also understand the term 'pseud'. If you are unable to catch a sample of said species, do not lose heart. Ask me in the comments section, and depending on my mood, I might decide to oblige. Talking about moods, did I mention to you that my friend R got me a mood ring from Australia? Follow the link if you care to know more. For the moment, I'll just say that the ring is in a green-blue state right now, which indicates my mood is relaxed-lovable. Or so the small piece of paper says. The other new fascinating thing I have right now is a dreamcatcher which I bought in US. It hangs pretty in my room, though I'm sad to inform you all that it has had no effects on my dream(y) patterns yet. I'm still waiting. I think I'm enjoying linking to Wikipedia. Its fun.

Anywho, its been a reasonably interesting weekend. Uncharacteristic, but interesting. Saturday saw me headed to the bay alone, and on a particularly chilly afternoon, I sat on the rocks, watched the sun and the sea, read Satanic Verses and listened to Bon Jovi. Yes, I smuggled in Satanic Verses from US too, and need to find out what the hoo-haa is all about. Sitting alone and enjoying the breeze and sun is quite a good experience, I must say. S said I chase companionship at times, which I think is true. Its also something I need to remedy. I also took this photo with my phone camera, and realised moments later, that the subject knew I was taking the photo. Subject then turned around and smiled. I smiled back. Weird. Finally I went and bought the much-talked about brown jacket. Material girl. What can I say? Its funky? It was on discount? It was a joybringer! The next purchase was also as random as random gets. A pirated DVD of Bluffmaster. A good dinner, cooked by moi, was kind of wasted by watching the movie while eating. No, the movie aint bad. The print was terrible. But AB Jr still managed to look good in bad print. More about the movie later. The day ended with explaining to a friend why there is nothing shitty about cuddling up to my bedtime Winnie the Pooh! Duh!

I'm not partial to welcome-to-my-sad-life kind of posts. But then, I am also a hypocrite. So this post is kind of bordering there, aint it? Ah well... so be it! I am pleased to inform you that my blogging and commenting activity will be less than usual for the next week, given that I will be attending a workshop whole week. Yes, you can now breathe out.

28 Comments:

Blogger G Shrivastava said...

LOL "welcome-to-my-sad-life kind of posts"? Ok now I know what you really think of my blog ;-) JK!

Been out of it for some time...had 'loads' of catching up to do, sp here:-) Liked that first post of 2006...and yes Aristera shall be sorely missed, but I think we can lure him back...what say?

1:11 AM  
Blogger Dipanjan Das said...

feels strange to believe that monday's well settled from where you write. the brown jacket was cool.

2:20 AM  
Blogger A and A said...

And no, I am not pleased to hear that your bloggin and commenting avtivity is going to be less than usual for the next one week. *hhmphmmph!*

2:43 AM  
Blogger Anshul said...

nice photo - who is the subj?

3:24 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Me after only 4 comments only proves to me that all those people blog more from office than their homes.*frown*...
Glad you got the jacket.Im saving all my extra for a camera.So I can capture subjects too.
Oh nooooooooooooooo me not happy, you not around.
See ya soon.Cheers.
ps..is it me or is that your player..All I have heard is Huuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waqth..13 times???

6:09 AM  
Blogger KM said...

oho...sadness...hurry and gget the workshop over with!
and ur day sounded so relaxing!
i want to live it!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

A collage of thoughts!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jacket is by morgan?

What happ to the esprit one which you lurved? waiting for it to go on the other side of the store? ;-)

11:51 AM  
Blogger totti said...

you hit a home run with your previous post.At the risk of you getting all smug, i would say it was beautifully worded.:)

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shhh.. not to be writing about pirated DVD on public forums.. I watched 15 park avenue. It was awesome. Check my small review. ;-)

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And hey nice jacket..
But I have a song about good cloth
na tailor shaandaar,
na kapda shaandaar,

Jisne isse Pehna hein woh ladki Shaandaar hein.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Gee,
But your life aint sad one bit, my dear :D
And yes, lets lure him back!

DD,
Ah well, time difference is something which we all have to live with :)

Wishfulthinker,
Ah, nice to know I'm being missed. Hehe :D

Anshul,
Subject is random guy who was sitting on the rocks.

EducatedUnemployed,
Sorry dear, but I think something is wrong with your player. It is supposed to play the entire 'woh lamhe' song :)

Khizzy,
You do? Are you sure? Can we switch places, in that case? :)

Jinguchakka,
Yup, arbit. Totally :D

Jupiter,
Jacket is from U2. Esprit will have to go on sale. I will play the waiting game with them ;)

Totti,
Not smug at all. Compliments are always welcome, my dear :D

Anthony,
Oops... hush now. No talk of piracy.
Hehehe... thanks for your flattering song :D

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

"I was taking the photo. Subject then turned around and smiled. I smiled back. Weird"

:D

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casa, would you mind telling me the album of the song you are currently playing on " woh lamhe..." wanna download it, but don't know the details.

have a nice day/evening !

5:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its very... whats the word I am looking for...I don't know..like it dares to be different. Very cute.

I like the chocolate hue very much.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jay,
Profound. Very profound.
:D

Green,
Song is from the movie Zeher.

Jupiter,
Thanks.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Nice jacket :D .... looks good on you?? post more pics of your buys for the the shopaholic moi

I loved ur moment-wala post...spot on!!!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Yup, looks quite okay ;)
Haha... no more shopping for some time to come!

I loved that post too ;) It came to me when I was sitting and watching the sea on saturday.

11:32 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Oh finally the song plays..Totally love this song..originally sung by Jal..pakistani band I think..the slower version which I think you are playing is so much better than what Zeher has done to the song..Have fun..See ya around..Cheers!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

be back soon Casa :)

11:43 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

And thanks Casa for the Music link - that was great!

Keshi.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Archster said...

i was excited about my newly gifted dreamcatcher once. And then the crows (or some nasty living thing) chewed up all the feathers.

bleady.

and btw, i think ur day was well spent :D

12:56 PM  
Blogger Shubhodeep said...

*smiles* nice post.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Jagan said...

looks like no one asked u about arbit ...

so whts tht supposed to be ?

1:33 PM  
Blogger burf said...

that is a not at all a smart jacket

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Sorry for not getting back earlier, I was out of town last week. I wanted to thank you for linking my post, and also a second time for raising my blog traffic by a whole ten percent! :D

Err... if your mood is right, what is "arbit" and "pseud?"
Cheers!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - You put up very nice songs. I have to keep your blog to listen to them. Thank you :)

5:46 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EducatedUnemployed,
Glad the song plays now! I chose it because 'woh lamhe' kinda made a connection to my post on moments :)

Keshi,
Thank Pidus for it. He's documented the thing so well :D

Archster,
Ouch. Well my dreamcatcher thankfully is far away from any such disaster possiblities ;)

Shubhodeep,
Shukr'an :)

Jagan,
Ah, so someone had to ask.
Arbit = arbitrary / random stuff.
:D

Burf,
Ah well, I like it :D

Pidus / Sanity Starved,
Haha... now, send me the commission :D
As for terminology,
Arbit = arbitrary / random stuff
Pseud = pseudo... usage, umm, well, lemme get someone more qualified to explain to you ;)

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home