Staccato
Although the Wishfulthinker continues to remain the master of this seemingly-fragmented-yet-coherent style of writing, we mortals continue to try. So for those who didnt know, christmas is around the corner. I feel highly pressured, as I do every year, to wear something reasonably festive at this time. Said 'something' is a red shirt. I am amazed by the number of reasons I can find to go shopping. However I didnt find anything suitable to buy yesterday. Its too cold to wear singlets and I dont want to be stuck with yet another red sweater. So I went and coloured my hair red instead. Okay. Fine. Its not red, its a copper-chestnut brown. For the colourfully-challenged, which includes all guys, my hair pretty much looks the same. I am also amazed by the number of people who vehemently defended New York in my last post. For some strange reason, pride for been Indian gets bouquets and pride for been Asian gets the brickbats. Very amusing. It confirms my belief that white meat is indeed still most popular among Indians. To entertain 3 people who can walk in 6 different directions will make christmas challenging yet memorable. I wish Aragorn was here too, with the 3 hobbits. We dont always get what we want. Having said that, I shamelessly confess that I think I now enjoy doing laundry. I mean its fun to handwash my pretty tops and pamper my clothes. No I am not drunk. Just high. And I am not weird. Weird are people who leave comments asking me to get a "mental health checkup" on my 'mean' posts and then come and smile over my photos and sweet nothings. Honesty definitely gives people indigestion. I think said people need a new hobby. Gardening, maybe? In other news, my nails have remained unpainted for the longest-est time now, and I dont have time for a manicure. You have 1 second to scream out loud "I dont care". 1. Sorry your time is up, and henceforth you have no right to scream at me for boring you to death with mundane details of my life. I also have a bottle of dessert wine sitting pretty in my fridge. I also have 2 dinner reservations for christmas. I think I overplan. But I am happy with my Morgan boots. They do shed colour though. And black-grey calves after you have removed your boots dont look pretty. I think socks were invented by smart people. And dont pretend it was not you, because I can clearly hear you screaming "I dont care". Go chew on a mushroom or something. Or your dog's bone. I couldnt care less. And do remember... tis-the-season-to-be-jolly.


36 Comments:
hahahha..i loved this one!!!
Read it on Karuna's blog too..gonna try it!! =D
High time i update moi blog.
Why isnt aragorn coming as well. That is a pity. Weren't their four hobbits. Three makes them Musketeers
Nice work there, copper-chestnut-brown!
My nails look absolutely stunning these days! I think you deserve 33.33% credit for that. Maybe more!
Anna Sui's new vintage set is called Wizard of Purple. Grab it!
Your boots shed? Well I woulda said "socks" but you already know that.
And I have tons of laundry too. I always have laundry. How is that possible?
And back to nails, do one at home for a change. You're pretty adept at it anyway. =)
Nice post. Yup, live it up girl! Color your hair or wear colors that you want! :)
Merry Christmas!
The post instructs me to ask,
What is copper-chestnut brown?
Aye!!! Even my hair is of that color!!!!!!!! I just realised!!!!
Aaaarggh, im SUCH A TUBELIGHT!!!!
Medha,
Yup high time! Stop hibernating you lazybum :p
Exhaustpipe,
Well, we know who is Frodo, and who is Sam. You can choose to be Merry or Pippin. We'll then proceed to pretend the 4th didnt exist ;)
Jupiter,
Yup, you are the poster girl for all nail-biters out there! And I take more than 33% credit for it :D
I have no time to do my nails at home either :( :(
Athena,
Merry christmas to you too!
Sanity Starved,
Hehehe... the stylist mixed two colours - copper red and chestnut brown. Now, ever seen copper plates? Ever eaten chestnuts? No? Okay, go back to ignorance, you miserable child :p
Medha,
"im SUCH A TUBELIGHT!!!! "
But dont worry, we all realised that long back :D
Grrr....
Fine!!!
:p
Okay, Ma'am ;D
Oye am so so lost now after reading this !!!
and wht abt changing the color for a change....yellow may be...
I am not drunk. Just high. Grass ? ? :D :D :D
Medha,
Meow ;)
Sanity Starved,
Okay? So you finally understood the complications of a colour world, or you decided to sleep in oblivion? ;)
Raul,
Oye, why are you lost?
Yellow? Want me to get fired??
High on life ;)
and Yaadein.....eeeeeekksssssssss
one the most idiotic movie ever...
comparable to "Mela"
:D :D
change the song plzzzzzz
put the title track from "Socha Na Tha" instead...amazing !!
hey i dont know much about NY but if you are alone there, then try checking out some play in a theater... i did that when i was alone in London... :-)
or just hang around in a station.. see the people... walk around on a street... :-)
enjoy the weather... everyplace has its +ve and -ve points... and dont waste time doing laundry and enjoy it... :-)
come on walk out... :-) have some fun... change the song on your media player... :-)
come on Casa... people will be mean, they are just jealous... they are nice from heart but just jealous...
;-)
V..
Raul,
Forget the movie yaar, I think the song has good lyrics. I like playing songs to suit my mood and thoughts, and I am feeling very nostalgic today :)
Waise... what is "Socha Na Tha".. havent heard it. Shall download.
Virdi,
Papaji, I am back in HK ji. I was in NY last week for a holiday :)
And..
*takes a deep breath*
.. I repeat once again. I'm sure NY is a good place. I, and I personally, didnt find it impressive. Now, I am allowed my opinions, isnt it?
And the mean and jealous comment pertains to NY, or my current post?
mean comments on current post nahi baba... on the NY post... jealous people... :-)
you can mail me b[dot]virdi[at]gmail[dot]com
we can bitch about the people in NY and London together...
V..
"mental health checkup" - ROTFL - who said this [and it has really stuck you... lol]?
I loved this post!!! :D And yeah, it's always a kick to find yourself linked! :D And every single day if I don't remind myself that 'tis the season to be jolly, there is always someone around who will remind me! :D Cheers!
Virdi,
But bitching about them on a public forum, and seeing Indians defend them is so much more fun :D
Burf,
Ah well, doesnt matter who... but its interesting nonetheless.
Wishfulthinker,
Nice to see the master himself! Now can we settle the payment for linking you to the post?
If I didn't enjoy the mundane details of your boring life I wouldn't find myself here every single day.True I don't care about it,but it wasn't me screaming.I am just happy some one else likes doing laundry too.
Its in March.... I am studying for my selections...I want science.And I have no idea how GIRLS LOVE VIGGO MORTENSEN and that too as ARAGORN!!!!!! Did you see his teeth when Legolas gave him the darn Elfstone in The Two Towers?????
I have said it before, and I'm saying it again: Girls are extremely weird. I thought girls groped for Androgynous buggers like Orlando Bloom or Hayden Christensen or {YUCK} Jude Law. What is up?
I have "sevcutu" as Word verification
a RED shirt?
Educatedunemployed,
Hahahaha... I can see that the comment is totally in tune with the post :D
Kazarelth,
NOT a word about Viggo Mortensen or Aragorn! Shush!
And please, Legolas looks too gay... only guys like him :p
Aur ja kar padhai kar bacche ;)
Prerona,
Okay not traffic stopping red, but like christmas, festive red? No?
all this sounds like too much work for christmas. i plan to watch star wars. and maybe read a good book. and then sleep :)
Woman,I totally love your kick ass attitude.I think I must've mentioned that before.What I like more is that you treat your blog like yours.And not a place where people visit..or with them in mind.
Oh and ever tried stalkings?
lol...ur silly.
i love ur batameez mood here.lol.
U r one smart coookie Casa! Great post :)
Have a fantastic holiday season girl!
Keshi.
Anshul,
Bachha... baahar ja. There is so much more in this world other than Star Wars :p
Educatedunemployed,
Thanks for that... well, I never intended the blog to be like a newspaper. Hell, no one's paying me to read it, so why bother catering to the readers :p
Khizzy,
Battameez, aur main??
Kabhi nahi ;)
Hehehehe.
Keshi,
Smart cookie! Ah, keep the compliments coming?
PS: But remember, christmas is also the season to be truthful, so I'll take compliments totally seriously ;)
it is a style of writing that is fastly catching on!
good good!
uve been very coherent :)
shhhee casa..theres something on your haiiirr!
oh!
...uve coloured them.
hmm.interesting.
i m sorry casa but lemme start by this....kaushik ...u yucked Jude Law...??????????and aragron....????????????? i m gona turn into santa and scare u......yeah santa can be scry sometimes....
casa....hair color...good....now go for some Red highlights ..they'll look so cool....
all the world's a stage and women are the only players
Franz Kafka writes like that.
YUCK YUCK YUCK!!! {You know what this is for}
Orlando Bloom does look gay {Hell that bugger is androgynous, he is supposed to look that way. Haven't you seen Pirates of the Caribbean If you have, what does Jack Sparrow say to him?} And I still have *NO* idea how girls can find JUDE LAW sexy. YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!
Might as well like Jon Voight.
Word-verification:"rhsunbb"
LOL.. women just need an excuse to go shopping :\
Merry christmas n wishing u a Happy new year
Archster,
Yes, encouraged by you :)
Zii,
Hey, it looks good :p
Alice,
Haha, thanks for shouting at Kazarelth for saying such unholy words about Aragorn :D
Anonymous,
I always enjoyed the monopoly ;)
Kazarelth,
Not a word more about Aragorn :p
Go study for your selections!
Sonu,
Yes, and I am surprised at how many excuses I can find ;)
unholy? unholy?
B000000000 {Bah Humbug}
Merry Christmas.
Shhhhh kid! As I said, go study :p
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home