Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Yes, I am one of the few people who completed the book.
No, I didnt understand or like the book.
No, this post is not about the book. Nor about zen or motorcycles.
This post is about irritating characters who can pick up the smallest, most irrelevant and most trivial issues and bug you no end about it. In other words, these are the kings of mountain-out-of-molehill activities. The said character happens to be my houseowner.
Not only have we exchanged more than 20 emails over a $40 repair, I have wasted precious moments of my life cursing him and getting angry at his patronising behaviour. However, for the first time in my life, I was able to let go. Its something I've been totally incapable of doing ever: To know you are right, and to argue with an illogical moron and still not let your blood boil. To be able to say: fine, this is indeed too trivial for me to get upset about.
I feel good. I feel like laughing at this guy instead of slapping him.
All this, thanks to a few of my friends who cant stop telling me that very little in life is worth losing sleep over. Thanks.. you know who you are :)


2 Comments:
mmm.. its so true..!! there are few things which are under your control and few others that arent.. its better to worry abt things under our control and let the other things just be..!!
its no use sweating over people like your land lord..!! :)
as they say... a little distance from the problem always helps :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home