Monday, September 12, 2005

If music be the food of love

"If music be the food of love, play on" - I might not remember much of Shakespeare or other subjects from class 11, but I'll never forget that line.

As I woke up this morning and switched on BBC, the first story was about a 14 year old boy in Kabul (or was it 11? Not sure. Must remember to buy Chinese memory boosters), who sings at stage shows and entertains people, after the Taliban lost control. The reporter talked about how even the freedom to enjoy music is playing a big part in uplifting the souls of a deprived lot.

I totally agree. Music is one of the best therapies. And I started wondering what freedom is? (Ok, this sounds more philosophical than it actually is!) Is it the simple act of enjoying music/arts/public gatherings in Afghanistan, without someone's permission? Is it the feeling which all Palestinians would be experiencing today when Israeli troops withdrew from Gaza?
Is it (and this may sound trivial) the ability to write something on my blog, without being judged for it?

My previous post had a lot of people asking me what it was about etc. I am certain it was all well intentioned. I realised that we all have this urge to connect events to persons. We are obsessed with detail. Who? What? When? Why? Maybe, because..? Was it..?

So, when you read this blog, let it be the thoughts of Casablanca, the blogger. Dont try to read the person behind her, whom you might happen to know. Let it be her sanctuary. Dont judge me.

PS: This is not to do with the comments posted.. do keep visiting, and do keep posting. Its great to hear from you people :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There aren't enough words to praise music or those that make it. All I know is my life wouldn't be the same if I didn't listen to music. Maybe its stating the obvious, but its just as well. I think when everything around you lets you down, music is one thing that won't.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Bhavesh said...

mmm.. music is good..!! but there r times wen i also prefer silence around me.. but not now though.. My Dil goess mmm.. is on!!

Judging u.. no way..!! am not gonna do any of that nonsense..!! will keep reading..!!

ps. wat does casablanca mean??

don ask me to define freedom..!! i can go on and on and on.. :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Life without music would be sad, atleast for me. I need music when I'm studying, sleeping, dreaming, travelling.. almost always :)

Casablanca is port city in Morocco, Africa. My blogger name was inspired by a real life story based in Casablanca (Read "La Prisonniere" by Malika Oufkir).Totally moving!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Bhavesh said...

mmmm.. now dats intersting.. i ve noted it down on in my to read books.. i llread it someday and give u my review..

wats your name then??.. a secret uh??

10:16 PM  
Blogger Bhavesh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home