Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Untitled...

We have a habit of placing love on a pedestal. And worshipping it. Giving it Godlike-status. Love. This ethereal feeling. Mesmeric. All-encompassing. Uplifting.

Truth is, it aint something to be worshipped. Because the more greatness you expect out of it, the greater will be your disappointment. The loss of faith will be so complete, that what was once on a pedestal, will now lie at your feet, broken into a thousand pieces, by the weight of your own expectations.

Love was meant to be simple. Can we let it be that way?

-----------------------------------------------------------

The charm of the unknown. Its exotic. Captivating. Sometimes, knowing someone too well, isnt a good thing.
Some thing is lost when you know too much, or know it all, and that, you can never regain. Does knowing the biological names of all the plants in a garden, make it a more beautiful place? Does knowing the logical explanation for every emotion in you, or me, make it better?

The freshness of conversation with a new acquaintance. Am I being foolish, in saying, that I dont like to see it fade away?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, you miss people, you never expected to miss.
Sometimes, you miss people in a way, you never expected to miss.

3 words. But a world of difference. And both equally surprising.

Not every emotion can be named. Not every word can be written.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS: There is a reason why this post shall remain untitled....

28 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Wow!

A complete outburst of emotions! I knew something was up and i was expecting such a post from you actually.

One thing i agree with and can relate to is, sometimes you miss people in a way you never expected to miss. Difficult to describe the feeling, right? :)

PS- Whats the reason behind the post being untitled?? Hume batao! ;)

3:15 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

'Because the more greatness you expect out of it, the greater will be your disappointment.' YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!
Love was meant to be simple. Can we let it be that way? OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK!

I loved this post! Hmm...you seem to be getting introspective of late. I might be wrong, but I is definitely not complaining!! :)

'Not every emotion can be named. Not every word can be written.' YAYAYAYAYAYA again.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Medha,
This is the kind of post written after the storm is gone, and you are able to distance yourself from it all, and have an objective say.

I'm in a good mood today!

PS: Post is untitled, because it doesnt define my mood. Its not about me right now... its an outsider's view of certain things. No feelings. No pain. No title.


Wishfulthinker,
You, of all people, should not talk about keeping love simple. You seem to be one problem child, when it comes to love, isnt it :)

PS: And havent I always been introspective on my blog?

3:34 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

sure love should be simple. but its that simplicity that makes it pedestal worthy... hence all the importance...

3:36 PM  
Blogger noob said...

Brilliantly put I must say.....

4:59 PM  
Blogger burf said...

i can see my logic being approved of

gud gud :D

keep it up

:D

5:12 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

Love maybe ethereal all right,but mushy movies have set the rules and have made things waaay tooo complicated

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!
love is out of this world
its not simple.
its great
and really really out of this world

its just that...love is a different feeling for different ppl
hmmm!
i am loved by three most precious being ..and lke no one else can be loved!
it surprises me everytime i think of it! always! i never get used to it!

5:41 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Aye !!!
Why is everyone writing so sad posts...No its not sad...it just is making me think...makes me ponder about the things that have gone wrong. Makes me even more quiet.
And NST, am already in love with the song.
Aye sala !!!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

LOL!!! After agonising so much I've come to the same conclusion as you. You gotta keep it simple. Its a lot more fun that way. :) I'm a problem child. Period. Not only when it comes to love, when it comes to anything!! LOL!!! ;) and like I said, it is probable that I might be mistaken about your introspectivness. ;)

5:54 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Clint,
Yes, give it importance in life, but dont expect the world out of it. Its after all, just another emotion. Or, so methinks.

Pip Squeak,
Thanks.

Burf,
And pray, which logic are we talking about here? You have too many to keep track of :p

Shikha,
Blame it on the movies, eh? ;)

Paheli,
I dont agrue that it is out of this world, and yes, it does mean different things to different people. But at times, we give it too much control in our lives, I think.

Raul,
Why does it sound sad? Coz it says something we know is true, yet dont wanna hear it?
Hmmm... happens.
And yes yes, my songs are always well selected :D

Wishfulthinker / Problem Child,
They say accepting the problem is half the battle won ;)
And like I said, I am usually quite introspective on my blog ;)

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing post.And funnily enough, you said what I wasn't able to say in my more recent posts. It's all about keeping it simple :).Amazing.

6:28 PM  
Blogger bright red said...

there...i think you just hit the target...bingo!

me too thinks love is supposed to be simple and that its us who complicate it with our expectation...and why jus love...if u look at it...life is so simple...but for each of us complicating it for ourselves every moment that we live...

and ya more often than not life is more about the unsaid words and feelings...

cheers
:)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Me,
And I would like to read those more recent posts of yours, if only you'd tell us who you are?

Bright Red,
Yes I think a lot of things ought to be simple. And I also think emotions, as well as people, ought not be worshipped on a pedestal. Sure recipe for heartache.

7:38 PM  
Blogger burf said...

now, do some work urself, will u? :p

:D:D

8:00 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Familiarity breeds contempt is what my dad always used to tell me.I had this knack of getting really close to people and then getting really hurt.And one good rememdy was a decent distance.Ive learnt it the hard way round.But I can so relate to some thing is lost when you know too much or all of it.

11:43 PM  
Blogger karuna said...

Love was meant to be simple. Can we let it be that way?
YES!
Thers no denying it makes for good reading/entertainment, but now its getting obsessive,its put up way too high on the pedestal... it makes people like me wonder too much about it.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Burf,
No, I'm too lazy :p

EU,
Yes, I agree, a decent distance is SO important!

Karuna,
Yes, I'm not saying love isnt important, but again, a little over-hyped, isnt it?

12:02 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

All hail the great Casa! Did someone ever tell you how good you actually are at putting ideas into words... I LOVE ur post! esp the first part!!!

12:08 AM  
Blogger ligne said...

its interesting what you say about love, friendship and relations.
you are right, its when we want to start naming our feelings that it gets complicated. there just arent enuf words in the dictionary.
one thing i find strange is that if love is what its all hyped to be, why don't we see happy couples all around us?
guess its deeper than what those novels and movies tell us and lot less complicated. :)

12:57 AM  
Blogger alice said...

i wish that too...
love can never be simple....or otherwise it'll loose its importance...and abt that missing someone bit....yeah i sometimes do miss someone i'm not supposed to...

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was the title....

1:53 AM  
Blogger totti said...

I see. Would you have met the new acquaintance, if you were always surrounded by your most trusted gang around you? The last two things look in a way connected.I hope you get what i am trying to say and it is not flying high over your head! :p

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This came at a opportune moment for me.

./w

6:03 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Neatly expressed Casa..


**Not every emotion can be named.

I agree..there is an ocean of emotions inside of me that can never be named...

Untitled it is :)


Keshi.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Sohnii,
All hail the great complimentor, Sohnii :D
Thank you, thank you!

Ligne,
Yes there cant be words for every emotion, simply because we are possible of more emotions than we think. And yes, I agree, love should be much less complicated.

Alice,
Why does complexity equate to importance? Why cant we respect simple things?

Anthony,
:)

Totti,
Yes, I do get what you are trying to say :P
And I wouldnt have met the new acquaintance if I wasnt missing some people. But on the other hand, sometimes you miss people you didnt think you'd miss, and that does surprise you.

Vikram,
Easier said than done, isnt it? Are expectations so easy to get rid of?

Wanderer,
Glad it did.

Keshi,
And not everything needs to be titled :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

true :)

Keshi.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Jina said...

just hauntingly beautiful...

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home