Friday, January 20, 2006

Rag-a-tag

As you might already know, I am a sport when it comes to tags. Ahem.

So Zii has tagged me to write six random/weird facts about myself. Of course the second part of the exercise (as you may have guessed!) is to then tag 6 other people to do this. However, that isnt my thing, so I'll just ask all of you'll to give it a shot if you'd like to. Open invitation policy :)

So here goes... and they totally are random!

1) My appetite is deserting me. One meal at a time. Having said that, I have recently started liking the taste of broccoli (yes, I know its weird!). But only on Starbucks' bruschettas.

2) I have bought 5 pairs of shoes in HK. I've been in HK for less than 5 months. And no, I am not Imelda Marcos.

3) I was in Disneyland last month, and I loved it! It immediately made me feel like a kid... I even pretended not to be scared on the rollercoaster, though I was ;)

4) I have now spent new year's eve in 4 different countries, and plan to keep increasing the count every year now.

5) People I am fond of, can get away with a lot. A LOT!

6) I smile a lot more now than I did 6 months back. Or so I think :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that this tag has been taken care of, I decided to take up the one EducatedUnemployed did. Though she didnt tag me to do it, I was so happy to be invited to her 'dinner party' and to 'meet' her, that I decided to host my own dinner too! Anyways, I love playing host :D

So, here are 6 people who I havent met before, but would like to invite them over for dinner and get to know them.

1) Medha - This bubbly, chirpy, crazy, sweet bong is someone I would really like to meet. And well... atleast my guests will be entertained for free at the dinner party!
She is an engineer by education, yet knows her Gucci's from her Versace's. She is off to Perth next month for further studies, and I hope she loves it there.

2) Wishfulthinker - His single biggest claim-to-fame *has* to be the introduction of staccato style of blogging! His blog is cool, so lets find out if the blogger is also as cool.
He is an architect who is not-so-busy writing his thesis, suffers from OCD and drinks like a fish. Okay, more than a fish. Hope his thesis is done soon though.

3) Bluegreenfly...SPLAT - Also otherwise known as Phal, her comments usually have me laughing out loud, literally! Also, she is generous with her compliments... any host could do with that, isnt it?
This youngster from Mumbai is all into artsy-fartsy stuff, which includes doing plays in Lahore. Also has a weakness for gay men. I do hope she doesnt break her heart anymore.

4) GeeBaby - Of course, for the french connection. We could do with a bit of class at the dinner, couldnt we? And, I'll get to hear reviews on the PIFF!
She teaches kids at Allians Francais in Pune, reads like crazy and her simple, somewhat non-materialistic approach to life has me in awe. I wish for her, to find what she's looking for in life.

5) Rohan - Although dripping with sarcasm, and has never known what it is to be nice to me, we could do with some sparring during dinner, and once again prove, that my sarcasm rules!
Another one of those Umm-reekans, he whiles away time in Pennsylvania, by blogging and playing cricket with Totti. I hope that he has less time on hand , and his job search comes to an end soon.

6) Khizzy - This Pakistani babe, who uses 'lol' more often than punctuation marks, has to be met! And maybe she can bring her brother along too ;)
One of those designer people, she definitely must be one of the coolest people in Karachi. Has been to India, and her excuse for being crazy is that she is Punjabi. Hope she gets to go to Lahore sometime soon though.

PS: Please bring australian, french or ice wine for dinner. I dont like Californian ;)

Sorry, the table is full. There are so many more people I'd like to invite! EducatedUnemployed, Raul, Cowlick, DD, Alice, Archster, Karuna, Burf, Totti, Pointy, Keshi, English August... okay, another dinner next time?

36 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I SAW MY NAME!! I SAW MY NAME!!!

hehehe....thanks a lot babess.. And of course i would love to meet you too! Muaah! :)



Ok now i will go and read the post properly! oooooopsss! I did it again! :p

3:16 PM  
Blogger M said...

Awww...thanks again babes! (Now that i re-read the post!) ;)

Free entertainment eh?? ANYTIME!!! haha.. =)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

*gathering stones*

3:22 PM  
Blogger Shubhodeep said...

nice post. you really write well. the details are very interesting!

4:07 PM  
Blogger burf said...

overeating creates fat people :p

:D

4:23 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Oh merci mademoiselle for the invite (and the kind words) - I shall be sure to bring along a bottle of good french wine, a smile and intelligent conversation abt good cinema! ;-) Btw my 1st PIFF review is up!

The tag's interesting - both of them; mayhaps me might do them!

PS It was BGFS that I inspired to blog, it was mon cher ami, Aristera...atleast I'd like to think so!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Medha,
Good to see the court jester all up and ready to entertain us ;)

Shubhodeep,
Merci, merci! And their blogs are even more interesting... if you get time :)

Burf,
Who is over-eating??

Gee,
Okay, I will go and read your review pronto. And do the tags, its fun!
PS: Which 'was' ought to be 'wasnt'? Bgfs? Or Aristera? Oops, that reminds me... I want him at the dinner too!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

Cool party!

Have a blast...


Pics they are a missing... ;)

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...favouritism finds its way into every walk of life!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Saurabh,
Ah, now if only the party was a real one :(
Pics, arent all missing ;)

Exhaustpipe,
Oh shut up, you've been invited to enough dinners and lunches at my place! Stop complaining :p

7:14 PM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

Not everyone has heard of Imelda Marcos. Thanks to you (and Wikipedia), now I too know of the lady with the humongous footwear collection.

You said you were supposed to write random / weird facts...

The forward slash does imply an 'either-or' requirement...

...and I shall assume the facts you've written are the random ones.

...so, can we have a post with the weird ones as well? :)

Hope you get to meet (in person) all the bloggers you want to!

(perhaps one of the uninvited bloggers can play the role of the paparazzo and take a snap of casablanca's! :p)

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what, May I ask, is the secret behind your new found smiles??

7:50 PM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

...make that a 'who', and I'll second the motion to find out the same! :p

8:28 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy,Cool mademoiselle, cool stuff...
And so happy to see you hosting your own dinner party.Isn't it an awesome feeling.All these people..we have never met before, we have picture perfect images of them in our minds.Only through what they write..I think this blogosphere has taken writing and then reading to another level..
Awesome..Totally awesome..Cool so you are cool with tags.Good info to have.:)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Blue Athena said...

Cool gathering! Great ppl and great blogs as well. :))

P.S.: Nice song, Musu musu haasi...:)

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll settle for lunch Casa.....and also bring my Tuba along !!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Zii said...

4 different countries...
man!

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... the details are interesting! Especially the bit about you smiling a lot. May we know the reason behind it? :D

10:11 PM  
Blogger ligne said...

shoes, are useful to have.. and great you can travel so many countries.. perhaps if you go to disneyland more often you will be hungrier :). writing 5) in pubic might be dangerous hehe..
and ya I loved your last statement. how did last six months make diff?
And have a great time at your dinner..

11:25 PM  
Blogger totti said...

Aha! another point to add the list of insults you have inflicted.Atleast, we have a spy down there :)

Nicely written.I give that to you.

2:56 AM  
Blogger A and A said...

I had this really long comment that I wrote and then my bloody computer decided to not post it! Nonsense I say! Very kicked I am to be invited! To give you a synopsis to my earlier comment:

1. Honoured to be invited.
2. Aint an OCD case. :D
3. Aint an alcoholic either. ;)
4. Will bring apricot brandy and cigars.Yummy!

:D

3:17 AM  
Blogger KM said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
lol...im so flattered im grinning like an idiot, and so glad nones around!
but i cant bring wine(religious restrictions, unless ull settle for non-alchoholic.lol)

i loved reading the weird facts...just might take up a tag!in fact i will!yay!

and about bringing Al pal, well, i used to do that alot, when college started, and got alot of attention for having a good looking brother.lol...but he's smarter now!

3:19 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

'Although dripping with sarcasm, and has never known what it is to be nice to me' Since you have taken extra care to be nice in your invitee I have decided to grace the party (totti tells me they want an inside man too btw). Mind introducing me to the rest of your guests or atleast tell me wats cooking?

4:13 AM  
Blogger quills said...

Tag time eh..one of most difficult things to do I always feel is to write things about oneself..but I guess its a good process of discovering self as well. BTW, proud owner of 5 shoes in 5 months eh?. :) I really like that. As a friend of mine once said, a woman can never have too many shoes.

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grr... I am not even on the waiting list!

How about lunch then?

8:58 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

You have been tagged...:)

3:04 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Moose,
Ah, my pleasure to impart some knowledge there ;)
And I aint weird... so no weird facts there ;)

Anthony, Moose,
Nothing particular. Maybe a better appreciation for life. And who needs a reason to smile? :)

Nasra,
Will surely check it out!

EU,
I think this blogosphere has taken writing and then reading to another level
So true! I feel a connection with the bloggers now... I feel they are people I actually know!

Athena,
Yup yup, they've got great blogs!

Rusty,
Oops, sorry to miss you! Like I said, my cup brimmeth over. Lunch it is then :)

Zii,
Just 4 ;)

Rita,
Just decided to enjoy life more. To live life more. And the realisation came when I was forced to stay alone in a new place. Lonliness brings introspection :)

Ligne,
See my reply above to Rita on my smiling more often.
And well, people I am really fond of, know it already ;)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Totti,
Insult? Where? When?
You mean you dont play cricket in SC? :)

Wishfulthinker,
Awwww... your computer looks cool on in the picture. No criticism. Must be your mistake :p
And apricot brandy sounds exotic. No cigars please!

Khizzy,
Okay dear, no wine. Maybe you can get us the famous Lahori Kababs :D
And you *must* bring Ally boy along!
PS: Do the tag. It's fun!

Rohan,
Ah, the niceness that is moi :D
And what 'insider' information does Totti want? :p
Other guests are linked... check up their blogs, and you'll know them to! And did I forget to mention, its a potluck? ;)

Quills,
Sigh... and these are the one's I bought here. Not to mention the 10 pairs I brought over from Singapore, and another 10+ that I left there :(

Vikram,
Oops... my bad. I was in HK Disneyland :)

Sanity Starved,
Oopsie daisy... sorry for being forgetful. A lunch invite coming up soon :)

EU,
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!
Ok ok, will go check it up :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger karuna said...

I'm still supposed to do that tag, I'm jsut boring :(
No cool new years or other random facts like yours but i'm still gonu try...

8:56 PM  
Blogger Dipanjan Das said...

ohkk, i bhill bhait.

9:35 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

BGFS 'wasnt' the one, Aristera 'was' - typo queen apologises for confusion! :-)

2:18 AM  
Blogger Anshul said...

looks like HK has been good for you :)

5:21 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Gee,
Ah, makes sense now :)

Pradyot,
I dont like them so much! Damn, why is everyone showering me with tags :(

Anshul,
In many ways, yes.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Archster said...

looks like ive been away too long! :)

i demand u have another dinner party in near future.

;)

4:44 PM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

thanks... (ps: i hate the word youngster. so not in)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Archster,
Yup, will have :)

Bgfs,
Oops.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home