Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Obituary

I regret to inform you, that the happening year '2005' passed away on the stroke of midnight on 31st December. 2005 will be greatly missed for all the joys it gave me for a good twelve months. It is survived by 2006, which is trying its best to bear the responsibilities of its predecessor.

12 months. 12 memories... and many more. I want to pen them, for my sake. And for the sake of the closure that it deserves before its burial. But I'll spare me (and you!) the details.

J - White beaches. Sarong. Jetski. Penang.
F - Bonus. Rich. Gucci. Poor.
M - 14 papers. Proud. Very proud.
A - Holi. Home. After 7 years. Blog.
M - Midnight. A. Ralph Lauren. Marche.
J - KL. Phase2. Compliments. Friends.
J - Birthday. 3 celebrations. Attention. Lots!
A - She comes. He goes. Down. Busy.
S - HK. New life. New beginning.
O - Restless. Alone. Blogoholic.
N - New friends. Godsent. Shopping.
D - US. Snow. Christmas. OMG!

And that's all I have to say about that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

And I regret to inform you that some parts of me have left us forever. They have left their cousins and siblings, for me to keep for the time-being. I hope those parts rest in peace.

Some trust was lost. Some faith was gone. Some traits were dead. Some 'me' I left.
Some grief I chased. Some friends I made. Some dreams died. And so did I.
Some clarity I got. And in the process, some innocence I lost.
Somethings. I realised. Somewhere. I was. Starry-eyed.
Sometimes. I cry.
I want... my piece of sky.

And that's all I have to say about that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------


The last obituary is for some of the blogs that met premature deaths. I hate to see them gone, way before their time.

One such blog which I will surely miss is Aristera says... the simplicity of his posts, and the poetry that he would dig out from places unexpected, made it an excellent read. And to steal a line from his post... hazaron khwaishey aise ke har khwaish pe dum nikle, bahut nikle mere armaan lekin phir bhi kam nikle...

And that's all I have to say about that!

26 Comments:

Blogger M said...

NICE POST!!!

Goodbye to the year...but keep those beautiful moments safe and sound in that memory chest of yours. Something that you need to open and remember every once in a while, so that u never forget about them! It wud be such a shame if these beautiful memories start fading away. I know i will always treasure mine! :)

Hope u have an even better year ahead babes!

=D

12:20 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

Very well composed I have to say!
By far one of the best posts I have seen in a long time on this blog. :)

Hope the new year is as exciting as the one gone past, if not more. There is no fun living if you aint riding high with arms flailing!

Wish you the best!

1:16 PM  
Blogger burf said...

whatever matlab whatever may come or go

be happy

btw, nice rhyming

1:45 PM  
Blogger M said...

AHEM...BlogTale is up!!!

Yeah...NOW please breathe a sigh of relief and keep those knives and guns down!!! And discard all those murder plans u had made(along with Rohan)!!! :p

Sleazy twist is what u'd asked for and sleazy twist is what you got! :p

1:49 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Medha,
Yes, precisely why I penned them down. To revisit them and relive those lovely times :)

Saurabh,
Hmmm... still wondering if that is a compliment or not, but I'll give myself the benefit of doubt ;)

Burf,
Thanks. And bad rhyming on your part :D

Medha,
Thanks babes! Had almost forgotten about it! Now let me hop over and read it pronto.
And murder plans? Me?? No no... only Rohan is capable of such horrors :p

2:12 PM  
Blogger KM said...

wow!
i feel like commenting on this one would be an insult...but awesome nonetheless.
i totally relate to the 'having lost parts of u' part!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Shashi Iyer said...

ditto khizzy. zbsolutely :)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Was a greaaat post.. JFM..series was short and sweet.
Nice way to start a year..
hope you gain much more but for weight..this year

4:34 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

I also want to do a retrospective...But I somehow can't seem to do that...I think I've spent enough and more time retrospecting on my blog! But I loved your retrospective! :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Khizzy,
Shukriya, meherbani :)

Shashi,
Copycat ;)

Anthony,
Yes, now I am totally happy with my lost weight... dont want it back! But yes, hoping to gain lots of love and laughter :)

Wishfulthinker,
Oh c'mon... I want to read your retrospective!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When I was seventeen,
It was a very good year...

5:02 PM  
Blogger Anshul said...

Only obituary? No thoughts on whats in store?

5:39 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jupiter,
Well, we all have our favourites I guess.

Anshul,
There aint much use planning... take it as it comes. No?

5:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Giggle...

Frankie Sinatra dear..

6:02 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Wow, awesome read!
And don't come back to say thanks me,I want to thank you...
What clarity of thought.Amazing distinction.Profound closure.
I don't know what else to say, my vocabulary is failing me..
Ya, I don't enjoy being the 14th one to comment...:p

8:18 PM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

So beautifully worded and true havent we all lost parts of ourselves never to regain it again.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, good post!
Have a great year ahead :)

10:02 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EducatedUnemployed,
*blush*
What can I say to thank you for such praise?
I'll say... keep 'em coming ;)

DC,
Yes, some parts we lost for the better, some we lost unintentionally.

Rita,
You too!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Shashi Iyer said...

its not like i totally resent being a copycat ;)... but whats the whole point writing the same thing in different words?

11:04 PM  
Blogger Archster said...

wonderful!

very well written...

happy happy new year!

2:27 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Shashi,
Just kiddin :)

Archster,
Same to you!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

yet anothet clever post from u Casa...very interestingly written.


**Some clarity I got. And in the process, some innocence I lost.

Loved that!

Keshi.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

And that's all I have to say about that.
YEYYYY!!
Thats one of ma fav dialogue......With Tom Hanks typical accent....*mwwwaahhh*

Nice to know about the happenings from J-D Casa ;)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Keshi,
Thanks... I loved that too, coz its right from the heart.

Arz000n,
Yes, doesnt he say it in such a sweet way? I just *had* to use it in the post!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Lancelot said...

another Hazaaron Khwaishein aisi fan... remember posting myself abt it... some awesome lines, also the bavra mann song

3:16 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Yes I am a bigggg fan! I've blogged about it numerous times... and watched the movie thrice :D

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home