Thursday, January 05, 2006

Garbled

Somewhere, in a parallel world, you would be nicer to me. Not because you would be a better person, but because you would realise that goodness deserves goodness.

Somewhere, in a parallel world, you would not push me. Not because you would be less stubborn, but because you would realise you have already pushed me far enough.

Somewhere, in a parallel world, you would not hurt me. Not because you would care for me more, but because you would realise that I dont deserve the pain.

Somewhere, in a parallel world, you would be a more mature person. Not because your immaturity bothers me, but because you would be a happier person being mature.

Somewhere, in a parallel world, you might begin to value people. Not because they will be there for you, but because you will miss them when they arent.



Somewhere, in a parallel world, I will be a stronger person. Not because I regret being sensitive, but because I realise they arent mutually exclusive.

Somewhere, in a parallel world, I will not get pushed. Not because I am weak today, but because you mistake my softness for naivity.

Somewhere, in a parallel world, I will still get hurt. Not because I cant remedy that, but because I dont want to change my heart.

Somewhere, in a parallel world, I will not take maturity for granted. Not because I have too much of it, but because I know you have too little.

Somewhere, in a parallel world, I will value those who value me. Not because the others dont deserve the care, but because they dont know what it is to care back.



But this aint another world,
and this aint another time.
This aint another you,
and this aint another me.
I am who I am, because I am who I am,
and you are who you are, because you are who you are.

And all I can hope for, is that some time, in this world, we can still be who we are, and still be happy.

32 Comments:

Blogger M said...

:)

Brilliant!

First half of this post reminds me a lot of this close fren of mine! Its as if u wrote about him!

"Somewhere, in a parallel world, you might begin to value people. Not because they will be there for you, but because you will miss them when they arent."-->> So true!!!! Exactly what i have said to that fren of mine!

Sigh.. Even i wish i wasnt as sensitive....life, friends, relationships etecetra wud have been so much easier to deal with!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Thanks dear, you are always the first to comment and compliment.
Muah!

I guess we cant have everything... maybe we need to compromise on who we are, to stay happy? Self-protection?

4:02 PM  
Blogger M said...

:)

Yeah...very true.

But sometimes it feels like you are spending ur life comprising on every crossroad, and people tend to take you for granted.

Its like, they KNOW that you will always be there for them. To cry with them, laugh with them, help them, give them a hug when they r sad.......

....and the truth is, you really WILL be there for them no matter what. And then you always end up being the one compromising! Not that you mind it, but you just wish 'they' would care a lil'!

Ok me getting all sappy here..!! Sowry! :)

4:12 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

Too good!!!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chill out girl. Be happy with what you got and not keep worry about how it must be or could be.

Too much blogging and no work makes casa sappy!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Medha,
Not that you mind it, but you just wish 'they' would care a lil'!
Couldnt have explained it better myself!

Shikha,
Thanks.

Exhaustpipe,
Hehehehe... yess sir!

5:37 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

I'm at a serious loss for words. That was BLOODY good. And thats all I have to say about that. :)

5:53 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Wishfulthinker,
Thanks :)
And looks like you are 'taking a break' from your thesis quite often already ;)

Someone,
Glad to know you think so too.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

And all I can hope for, is that some time, in this world, we can still be who we are, and still be happy.

Like I always say, in my new year post too I believe, to me being happy is nothing but a consious decision..

Do you have to try hard to be happy?
But left me a little confused, "we can still be who we are".... ?

6:46 PM  
Blogger Shashi Iyer said...

wow! and casa i'm gonna have trouble... i've penned up something thats similar to this. it'll be out tonight

7:34 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Nice!!!

I guess I missed a few more exclamations.

!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Zii said...

And all I can hope for, is that some time, in this world, we can still be who we are, and still be happy

man!

8:16 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Some where between 4 am London and 12 pm London, you write awesome lines, and I am always the 15th person to comment over it....And there is nothing original I can say because 14 others have had their say.And though I want to echo each one and more, I do find myself at a loss of words.I don't know because you have so hit the nail on the head that it hurts to say any more..or is it really my vocabulary I need to work on.:)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Anthony,
I dont have to try hard to be happy, but then I dont have to try hard to be sad either. Somethings are disturbing me... and so I'm not in a very good mood right now.

"We can still be who we are" = nobody needs to compromise on who they actually are. Makes sense?

Shashi,
No trouble at all. Wont call you a copycat, I assure you :)

Jay,
Shukr'an :)

Pradyot,
Hmmmmmmmmm :p

Zii,
Man???

EducatedUnemployed,
You dont have to say something different from the others, just say something you truly mean :)

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hats off to you...

very well written poem...

and
if
I am who I am, because I am who I am,
and you are who you are, because you are who you are

i guess only then
my being me
and your being you
makes sense

cheers
:)
minu

9:23 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Minu,
Thanks so much!
And I guess the lines
"I am who I am, because I am who I am,
and you are who you are, because you are who you are"

are here thanks to you :)

9:46 PM  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

wow! i always wondered who gives rise to the "forward worthy" mails - now i know :) great ones and nw i kno who to blame if i receive in a mail from diff sources :D

1:00 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Nicely written (even though I must admit it initially seemed like a readout from one of those Hallmark cards stacked up in the 'I just broke up' sections) :)

1:30 AM  
Blogger burf said...

so often do we want things to be our way...

1:35 AM  
Blogger Shashi Iyer said...

*with an air of being allknowing* obv not. :p

1:51 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

I want to sit down,rest my head on my knees, and ponder..is there a parallel world,is there another chance?...:(

1:55 AM  
Blogger Lancelot said...

lovely post...

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parallels never meet. But the nice thing is, you can see them, they always go with you. And best of all? They never go away. Always the same distance. Equally close. Equally far.

In THIS world, you ARE who you are. Your are no one else.

And you are happy.

"I am" - Casablanca (You can't be sad.)

Rohan

4:15 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Casa could u please tell me how to include background music for a blog...cos the stupid Audioblogger thing doesnt work lol! Please email me at kajole@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!
Keshi.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Sagnik,
Ahem ahem! This coming from the one whose humour is actually 'forward worthy' :)
*takes a bow*

Rohan Kumar,
Glad you thought it was worthy of a published card, but sorry to disappoint, its not meant for the 'I broke up' section :p

Burf,
Because we believe 'our' way is the right way?

Shashi,
Hehe :D

EducatedUnemployed,
Nope, there isnt. We've got to make the best of what we have I guess. Sigh :(

Lancelot,
Shukr'an.

Anon / Rohan,
Very well put... yes, I am who I am. And well, if people cant live with it, I cant be sad about it, can I?
Psst... Is this Phal's Rohan?

Keshi,
Ah, I knew someone will surely ask me this! So guess what... Sanity Starved has been kind enough to do a blog post on it and I will direct you there. Couldnt have explained it better myself :)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Liking it..Disturbed..but liking it..

And hoping that I wasn't thought about when the "you" bits were written.

*gulp*

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jupiter dolly..
quit hoping.
of course its you..

4:45 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jupiter and Jack,
I'll let the two of you settle that. Either the gentlemen's way, or the catfight way. Both will be equally entertaining :D

5:18 PM  
Blogger Archster said...

I need to come up with more synonms for 'brilliant', 'wonderful' and the like!

loved this post!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

And I need to come up with more ways to say thank you :)
Will Shukr'an do?

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People never have that option Cas. As don't I. As don't you.

I am.

Pha's Rohan

12:43 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Rohan,
You ought to start blogging :)

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home