Friday, February 24, 2006

Time of the year

That a day which started with me being late for work, would end with a smile... who would have thought? Err, okay so the day hasnt ended yet, but we are getting closer, now arent we? And that's not really a smile. Make that a 'stupid grin'. The kind that evokes the 'I think she's gone cuckoo' sentiment in people around you. But still... I'm lovin' it.

So the much talked about phonecall came. Spoils of war, err I mean, work, have been reported. And while it isnt something worth writing home about, we must be gracious and thank the lord. Now, we arent a very easy lot to please, are we? *wink*

Anyways, Shopper's Law (which I assure you, is as dependable as Murphy's) states that a sudden increase in your bank balance shall be compensated with a not-so-sudden but even bigger increase in your credit card bill. Sigh. Clinique cosmetics shall be indulged in soon. Umm... make that very soon. Err... make that HAVE ALREADY been indulged in. If you are thinking that I am a beyond-repair-shopoholic, then you are thinking correctly. Damn, I need rehab.

Friday night stands but a few hours away.... and a dinner treat has been promised by another blessed soul who got richer yesterday. Of course, said person doesnt need to know the happenings of my life, else the treat will be somehow pushed on me. Right. So I keep mum.

Now if only I could wipe that stupid grin off my face...

30 Comments:

Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

What you got your bonus?

I get a little overworked with all the subtleness sometimes.. the underhand way of expression get me goat!

Congrats if I'm right... else enjoy the Dinner anyways.

6:30 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

sudden increase in the bank balance...lucky girl I must say...

btw had pani puris yesterday..damn cool...can i send a pic of them to you? :d :d

6:31 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Saurabh,
Hehe... but it looks like I got my point across despite the subtlety :)
Thanks!

Raul,
Not luck. Hardwork through out the year, and blah blah blah :p
And DONT remind me of pani-puris. DONT!

6:35 PM  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

"Hardwork"...yeah its a hard time with no work at all :p :p :p

and yeah i won't remind you... i'll just send a pic :) :)

btw do you like Samosa also? :d :d

6:56 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Wow well done girl..Hard work and all eh???

8:39 PM  
Blogger once again said...

My turn. My turn. * pats casa on the back * and ur I'm loving it line, reminded me of this ad, an aussiebloke binging on a million burgers goes in a cliched aussie accent ' M loving it mate :)

and also, i added you's to ma blog roll !

Did I pat u already ?!?

:)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Archster said...

yaaaaaaay! u got the phone call, and it went as expected.

!congrats! indulge away i say.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Raul,
No I dont like samosas. Now run before I kill you :p

EU,
Hehe, or so they think ;)

Once Again,
Merci merci :)
And 'I'm lovin it' is the McDonalds punchline. Are you talking about a McD ad?

Archster,
Started already ;)

9:39 PM  
Blogger ligne said...

i know what you mean about the cannot stop grinning..:) but girl, you got a reason too..so let it show..:) have fun!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Yay!! Congrats!!! And you think you are showing a restrained happiness in your post?

11:00 PM  
Blogger Anshul said...

Extra money hmmmm... spare some thought for the labour class here please ;)

11:11 PM  
Blogger the One said...

Well. Congratulations!

P.S. The macchiato's on you now, even if it's been delayed a month or so ;)

11:18 PM  
Blogger totti said...

yeah..congrats..i am not sure if i missed out on something..what is the good news? who was the call from ? FBI? you are clear of all charges :p (excessive sarcasm on innocent blogs, starting e-riots on pics)

1:16 AM  
Blogger A and A said...

I hope you have a blast Friday night! Just like the Fruday two weeks ago!! ;D

2:53 AM  
Blogger Big Man said...

congrats...
will collect on my brownie points now :P

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shopper's Law! Oh, yes, of course! I was wondering why I never have anything which resembles half as long as a bank balance. Okay, will spend it next time. Thanks!

Loved the Mary Poppins title. Suits you too :D

5:17 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

Sleepy Friday night! and no Mum to keep me :) lol

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats

3:37 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Ligne,
Sometimes other people dont take too well to stupid grins ;)

Jingu,
Am I?

Anshul,
Treat will come.. in due course of course ;)

The One,
Now I cant say 'no', can I :)

Totti,
My comments are always innocent ;)
PS: Call was from my boss.

Wishfulthinker,
Hehe... yup, it was fun!

Big Man, Paheli,
Merci :)

SS,
Guys shop too? ;)

Prerona,
Nice pun there ;)

4:18 PM  
Blogger dr.jinxed said...

congrats..your entitled to the stupid grin:)
and i love that song..have never quite figured out how that audioblogger thingie works tho'

6:56 PM  
Blogger littlecow said...

haha! does it also make you feel as if you have gone one-up on this world... that you carry around a weighty secret that ironically makes you light hearted... congrats!

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... Hmm... Interesting.

Okay, you got me there.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jinxed,
Ah, for how to add music, Sanity Starved's blog archives will surely help you. All you have to do is ask :)

Littlecow,
Ummm, I finally didnt carry the secret. Was too excited to not tell my friends... :D

SS,
:D

3:52 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

hmm... shopoholicism is an uncurable disease... goes hand in hand with impulsiveism...

5:57 AM  
Blogger karuna said...

Does shoppers law also state that when in desperate need of article x thou shalst never ever find it in your size at a sane price!
*sigh*
I am hating shopping...
but schupid self indulgent me this was about the phonecall
no namecalling for a year yaaayyy!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Oh do not lose that stupid grin on ya face. there has to be a reason for it..lol..with a increase in y a bank balance and the shopping spree placing its place within ya mind the grin is a well deserved one drawn over ya face. ;)

Have a good week ahead!!

Cheers!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow bonus eh congrats..cool
good good
lol for the stupid grin off the face..
tc
psst changed my blog for a while..chk the link

1:25 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Clint,
True that. But then I'm not so impulsive otherwise... shopping is like an addiction :(

Karuna,
Yes, but then you pay an insane price, no? Oops, am I the only one who pays obscenely for clothes she likes?

Jewel,
The smile seems to have vanished over the weekend. Have already spent too much!

Godolphin,
Oh, will check out your new one.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

OH no....Oops..hahaha..the increase sure made u draw a great shopping list in ya mind. well look to da brighter side. no returns can be done. use the things with a big smile and think abt the next increase thats upcoming in dat bank account. i hope this helps and bring a smile on CAsa blanca..

Chin up;)

4:55 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Hehe... yup still smiling, dont worry :D

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home