Catharsis of my contrived mind
I believe seasons are nature's way of overcoming monotony.
I believe that if you are addicted to someone's company, and decide to restrain yourself a bit, you will soon find yourself totally cured of this addiction. Much to your dislike.
I believe that the right make-up and a pair of sparkling ear-studs can always compensate for a bad-hair day.
I believe that you can be jolted into reality only by people, who you are not very close to. Simply because this reality check is accompanied by the hurting of the ego, and among good friends, you never really give much thought to your ego.
I believe that the above statement allows me to think about who my true friends are. Because they are the ones who can hurt and upset me, but not anger me.
I believe that black is and will be the sexiest colour, ever.
I believe that if you make friends only with people who are always 'good', you are insecure about being able to hold on to your goodness.
I believe that if you call me a kid, it is a compliment. Because sometimes, I get tired of being mature.
I believe that being good-looking and looking good are two seperate things, and in no way interdependent.
I believe that I have much to learn and know.
I believe that people who tell me I think too much, are fooling themselves. Ignoring your thoughts doesnt make them disappear.
I believe that I lied when I said we must contribute to society by paying taxes. Because I made my first big contribution, and it didnt feel good. At all.
I believe that deep down we all know what will make us happy. Either its beyond our reach, or we are afraid to ask.
I believe that I have no idea, for most part, what exactly makes me happy.
I believe that 'you have a spring in your step and a sparkle in your eyes today' should be a statement and not a question. Because when it is the latter, I really have nothing to say.
I believe that bringing my emotions out in the open, makes me less vulnerable, rather than more.
I believe that if today, I were to whine about lack of material comforts, you ought not to tolerate any of it.
I believe that if you shop at the right brand, even 3 inch heels can be comfortable. And very compliment-worthy.
I believe February is the most unique and most interesting month in the whole year. And yet, I wouldnt ask it to stay longer. Because then, it will no longer be February.
And I will believe you, if you said, that you didnt believe any of this!
(Title has been borrowed from Rohan's blog - Catharsis Of My Contrived Mind)


33 Comments:
I believe that this piece is very well written and that if you had written any longer it might have lost its value
Oops, but I just added a bit more to it ;)
>> I believe that black is and will be the sexiest colour, ever.
and then you went ahead to get yourself a *white* video iPod.
Here's an idea. Sing your post to the tune of affirmation and put that as the song for this page ;).
- RMOPLF
lvhxt
good stuff.
Nice stuff you wrote in here...
RMOPLF,
If only Apple made black headphones with black iPods, things would be different :)
And that's a brilliant idea... but I believe I cant sing. Rather, I know I cant sing ;)
Captain, Me,
Thanks.
Very nice post.
Question time:
What is a bad-hair day? :D
Answer time:
White iPods are not sexy.
*I still remember the color lesson ;)*
I believe that if you are addicted to someone's company, and decide to restrain yourself a bit, you will soon find yourself totally cured of this addiction.
If only one has that much of self-restraint then they will never get addicted in first place.
Adding to green's thought..I just got my addiction back. I was grinning ear to ear.
Stupid? Yes.
SS,
And I start my knowledge dispensation again :)
Bad-hair day = Day when you think your hair is in a bad condition or looks horrible. As a consequence, you dont like your appearance.
White iPod isnt sexy, its cool. And not everything in life ought to be sexy ;)
Green,
Sometimes, circumstances force the self-restraint on you. Sometimes, you force it on yourself, to prove a point. The human mind is capable of much more than we can ever imagine ;)
Jupiter,
I guess even after you stop being an alcoholic, you can still enjoy a drink or two at times, no? Its not that you will get back to drinking by the bottle again... simply because you cant ;)
Highly cryptic I know. But I'm sure you get the point ;)
Hmm...
So what if we don't have either make-up or earrings? Okay, what if I don't have either?
Of course, "not everything in life ought to be sexy."
For good reason, I say. *tried, but did not rhyme*
SS,
There's there only 1 solution for you: Either wear a cap, or shave your head ;)
Dont kill yourself for the rhyme... its not for lesser mortals. Hehehehehe :D
1 solution, of course!
Hail, O Superior Race!
Have a great day!
Don't you believe there is a limit to the number of things you can believe?
Funny, I belived every word of it.
I believe that black is and will be the sexiest colour, ever. Amen to that!
Oh, and I got my addiction back too...GRIN GRIN GRIN..
erm... why the last sentence?
I believe.
with ref 3 inch heels:
do u think the same about bikinis too? ;)
:D:D:D
SS,
Oops, now I did give 2 solutions, didnt I :p
Anshul,
I believe that the mind is limitless.
I believe that we cant number our thoughts.
I believe that my beliefs are fickle at times.
I believe I should stop.
EU,
And now I'm curious. What/who was the 'addiction'? ;)
Romantic,
For the skeptics ;)
Wishfulthinker,
Hmmm.
Burf,
That really makes no sense to me.
Kiddo!
lol
Can you explain this - "people who are always 'good'"? Good mathlab?
:-)
I believe that this is indeed one of your best post in recent times, reminded me of the 'Everybody's free to wear suscreen song' (I belive the title of the blog also might have something to do with how good the post is) :)
I believe I will be back to re-read this post, because i just looovveeddd it so!
Jingu,
Thanks!
'Good' = nice, or seemingly nice.
Nice bit of hindi there from you ;)
Rohan,
And you comment on my blog after ages, just coz I used this title. Talk about nice people :p
Karuna,
I believe you just made me smile with that comment :D
very well written and i agree to most of it...
I believe it couldnt have been too long but then I dont maintain records unlike some ppl. If it counts for anything I have been reading all the blogs, just havent found anything intelligent to say about them ;)
Alice,
Wondering what you didnt agree with :)
Rohan,
Ah, revenge, I see ;)
i am believing everything :)
except that i honestly believe that nothing can compensate a bad hair day! And i've tried.
Archster,
Then I'm feeling lucky... thankfully I've been able to turn around most of my bad hair days.
Casa,
Just what i needed to read today. I enjoyed it so much.
Thanks.
~~Jewel RAYS~~
you said it kid:)..brilliantly as always
altho' i must say self restraint hasnt been able to cure me of addictions when it comes to people im truly,well,addicted to..only makes the withdrawal symptoms worse
JR,
Glad you did! I enjoyed writing it too :)
Jinxed,
Oh well, dont even get me started on withdrawal symptoms. Sigh :(
nice compilation of thoughts.. its funny how short sentences can convey more than a long rambling note.. and yet.. :)
I believe by putting in... at end of my sentences I ask you to fill in the blanks, anyway you want to :)
Ligne,
I am an ardent supporter of '...' too :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home